ENT GAME Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
I find it really depends on the type of game, for me. Obviously when I jump into a game of Hot Wheels Unleashed or something I'm not thinking about a story. But it helps if there's some sort of emotional hook for these big, epic adventure games.
I'm just sassing him over elden lol

Reactions: Highlander_77

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Lol we know this ain't true

Most of my favorite games do not have a significant focus on VA and cinematics. Naughty Dog stuff is an exception because they're generally decent at knowing how to balance all of that with good gameplay

When it comes to idle chatter from NPCs, less is more sometimes and TLoU/Uncharted showed way more restraint than either of the new GoW games. It's cool if other people don't mind Mimir or Atreus dumping a bunch of lore and exposition all the time, or making comments about every little thing you see, but I don't really care for that. I like more periods of quiet and for dialogue to be at least somewhat naturalistic

Reactions: silkforcalde

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Hey at least I'm open to trying Elden Ring again

The mass ducking of BotW is the real travesty itt

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
First @Keksim ducks Elden Ring after brandishing it as his avatar for half of his adult life, now he’s trivializing Ragnaroks strengths in Karen at a department store-esque tirades.

My dude is flying dangerously close to the irrelevant opinions sun, and his wings are starting to singe.

giphy.gif

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I can't imagine being so offput by the random bits of chatter that it would be worth missing out on the fantastic voice acting for all the story and character driven dialogue.

i should've turned off the dialogue audio in the first if that was an option, the dialogue in GoW 2018 at least was a true 0 / 10

also every clip i've seen of Atreus in the new game... that's the worst voice actor I've heard since FFX

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
just spent 90 min on those double dreki after you help freya finish her side quest

had already used my resurrection stone in this area, my rage meter was on zero, and was trapped back there as there was no gateway or any way out except through them

holy FUCK that was tough. was not prepared for that. thought about reloading an earlier save and coming back more prepared but made myself power through. every time you would focus on one the other would fire an electric or ice ball at your ass or just slam you from behind. had to be just absolutely nimble and almost no room for error

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
just spent 90 min on those double dreki after you help freya finish her side quest

had already used my resurrection stone in this area, my rage meter was on zero, and was trapped back there as there was no gateway or any way out except through them

holy FUCK that was tough. was not prepared for that. thought about reloading an earlier save and coming back more prepared but made myself power through. every time you would focus on one the other would fire an electric or ice ball at your ass or just slam you from behind. had to be just absolutely nimble and almost no room for error

I don’t like the res stone system at all, didn’t in 2018 either.

You should be able to buy more than one, and it only allow you to use one per encounter - or it should be activated by some other mechanism. As it stands it’s too arbitrary and sort of based on luck or timing in terms of you having one available for use. Minor complaint with such a strong combat system but silly design choice.

Reactions: crotch and Sphygmo

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY

i legit jumped when they showed up when trying to get on the boat

Reactions: preston

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I don’t like the res stone system at all, didn’t in 2018 either.

You should be able to buy more than one, and it only allow you to use one per encounter - or it should be activated by some other mechanism. As it stands it’s too arbitrary and sort of based on luck or timing in terms of you having one available for use. Minor complaint with such a strong combat system but silly design choice.
yeah bc having to double back to a shop sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman