ENT GAME Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
i feel like it's similar to HZD and HFW

it's basically the same game but better, so yeah, if you didnt like the first, dont bother with the second
Dunno I loved hzd but hfw didn't grab me nearly as much. Didn't find the story nearly as gripping and the side content in hfw felt much more like a chore than in the first

The gameplay was somewhat improved and it looked better but otherwise hzd all day imo

Reactions: Meat Popsicle

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
Dunno I loved hzd but hfw didn't grab me nearly as much. Didn't find the story nearly as gripping and the side content in hfw felt much more like a chore than in the first

The gameplay was somewhat improved and it looked better but otherwise hzd all day imo
i think i just didn't need that much more horizon tbh. i thought it was an absolute stunner of a game, but after the scale of the first game it was just a lot more of a very similar thing

the difference GoW has is that maybe i didn't think i got enough after 2018 gow and i WANT way more. HZD satiated me and HFW was like great this is still phenomenal but damn i just did a lot of it already

Reactions: Sphygmo

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Yes, he's written like an actual character with layers and dimensions and an actual relatable struggle now, instead of just "angry guy out for revenge against the world". This is called "character growth".

in a franchise that didn't want or need "character growth" and suffered horribly for it

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
serious question: why does it bother you so much that someone didn't like as much as you did?

I don't? There are several people in this thread who have expressed that they aren't really enjoying either Ragnarok or GoW 2018 as much as they were expecting to. You don't see me telling them that they're wrong every time they bring it up (I did give @Keksim a little bit of a hard time over his meltdown regarding the dialogue, but that was mostly just teasing).

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
in a franchise that didn't want or need "character growth" and suffered horribly for it

I do enjoy aspects of the story in these new games but ngl, I laugh during some serious scenes (like when sad/sentimental music plays during close-ups of Kratos's face). The story is goofy in the context of the old GoW titles existing

It's like if you took Marv from Sin City and made an Oscar-bait drama about the character

Reactions: silkforcalde

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I don't? There are several people in this thread who have expressed that they aren't really enjoying either Ragnarok or GoW 2018 as much as they were expecting to. You don't see me telling them that they're wrong every time they bring it up (I did give @Keksim a little bit of a hard time over his meltdown regarding the dialogue, but that was mostly just teasing).

lol I had too much caffeine yesterday

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
I do enjoy aspects of the story in these new games but ngl, I laugh during some serious scenes (like when sad/sentimental music plays during close-ups of Kratos's face). The story is goofy in the context of the old GoW titles existing

It's like if you took Marv from Sin City and made an Oscar-bait drama about the character
I could see it being tough to reconcile that juxtaposition but again the old games went unplayed by me so it don't matter none in my book

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I could see it being tough to reconcile that juxtaposition but again the old games went unplayed by me so it don't matter none in my book

Oh man, if you ever have the time/inclination, I highly recommend at least checking out the ps4 remaster of the third game. That's the one where you kill most of the pantheon and it's some of the most hype shit ever

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

yeah it's honestly a bit ridiculous, gamers just have such bad taste when it comes to story

• Haha
Reactions: Highlander_77

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

lmao could've fooled me, you react extremely poorly and constantly bring up sales figures and user reviews and shit like any of that matters. it's obvious after spending 10 minutes with your average person that most people are stupid and should be ignored about everything, popularity never has a relationship with quality given the extreme amount of knuckle dragging mouth breathing troglodytes out there.

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
lmao could've fooled me, you react extremely poorly and constantly bring up sales figures and user reviews and shit like any of that matters. it's obvious after spending 10 minutes with your average person that most people are stupid and should be ignored about everything, popularity never has a relationship with quality given the extreme amount of knuckle dragging mouth breathing troglodytes out there.
Bro that's enough

Just shut the fuck up about this game already. You ain't even gonna play it

Reactions: GRattu

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY

HZD story was better hands down because of the mystery. IMO just about everything else about the 2nd game was better

for GOW i feel Ragnarok is better one every front

Last edited:
Reactions: Highlander_77

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman