ENT GAME Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
lmao could've fooled me, you react extremely poorly and constantly bring up sales figures and user reviews and shit like any of that matters. it's obvious after spending 10 minutes with your average person that most people are stupid and should be ignored about everything, popularity never has a relationship with quality given the extreme amount of knuckle dragging mouth breathing troglodytes out there.

So if sales figures don't matter, and user reviews don't matter, and professional reviews don't matter (in the context of determining the quality of a game)...what DOES matter? :hmm:

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
i played the old games, i feel "Old Man Kratos" is really no different than "Old Man Logan" vs Wolverine

both work fine in their context

Yeah, Kratos was a psychotic jackass in his youth. He got older, matured, mellowed out a bit. It's not that much of a stretch. Especially considering that he has a REASON to reign it in now. Kratos in the old games was a character who had lost everything he cared about and had nothing left but vengeance. Now he has something to protect and hang onto again.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
HZD story was better hands down because of the mystery. IMO just about everything else about the 2nd game was better

for GOW i feel Ragnarok is better one every front

I would say that I enjoyed the characters more in HFW. Their portrayal in terms of writing and "acting" (both in terms of the voice work and the character animation, ESPECIALLY the faces) was vastly improved. You're right that it didn't have that mystery behind the plot, and the twist they came up with this time around was definitely a little "out there" and maybe didn't resonate over the creeping dread that was felt in the gradual realization of what happened to the world in the first game. But you can't really replicate something like that. I agree that in all aspects related to gameplay, quality of life and presentation HFW was an improvement.

For me though, it's really Aloy's story. I was hooked on her character from the very beginning of HZD, so as long as her story remains compelling to me, I'm invested in the games.

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
i played the old games, i feel "Old Man Kratos" is really no different than "Old Man Logan" vs Wolverine

both work fine in their context

Yeah, Kratos was a psychotic jackass in his youth. He got older, matured, mellowed out a bit. It's not that much of a stretch. Especially considering that he has a REASON to reign it in now. Kratos in the old games was a character who had lost everything he cared about and had nothing left but vengeance. Now he has something to protect and hang onto again.

It does mostly work but there were some moments in 2018 where I felt they went a little too hard on the sentimentality (or maybe just did it too quickly). By the halfway mark I was pretty much all in on sad old Kratos

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
It does mostly work but there were some moments in 2018 where I felt they went a little too hard on the sentimentality (or maybe just did it too quickly). By the halfway mark I was pretty much all in on sad old Kratos

I think by the end of the original trilogy I just disliked Kratos' characterization so much (was he justified in hating the gods? Maybe...but he was just such an irredeemable asshole :rofl: ) that I found it refreshing to have a version of the character who I could actually sympathize with occasionally. :hs:

dave12219

Nobody cool likes Tucker Carlson
Feb 22, 2005
Anybody go through the beserkers yet on God of War? I did.

Went well until I met the King. Yo, FUCK that dude. :(

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
Y'all know there is relic you can get that lets you shoot laser beams out of my mimirs eyes

dave12219

Nobody cool likes Tucker Carlson
Feb 22, 2005
I'm with Silky on this one tbh. Fuck this game, I'm gonna go play pokemon

Pikachu Surprised Shocked for 3D printing 3D model 3D printable | CGTrader

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman