ENT GAME Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

dave12219

Nobody cool likes Tucker Carlson
Feb 22, 2005
Yeah I’m still a little unsure as to how I feel about Atreus’s departure. I feel like he should have gone on his mission after you guys saw to cleaning up the realms, the urgency of him needing to leave right away felt a bit abrupt to me

I kinda felt like it was perfect timing for him to go. He managed to avoid the prophecy, he defeated Odin by taking his soul into the marble, and he finally got the acceptance he sought from Kratos. Not to mention the trust between them was finally restored. He also finally accepted responsibility for finding the other giants' souls that Angrboda told him about earlier.

Reactions: preston

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
@TheEvil1 the only thing i’m missing from ur guide is boon of valor, no clue how i missed that boss to get it even though i completed the quest smh

build is still OP without it tho right?

yea should be fine without it
it comes from an optional boss in vanaheim, you prob ran right past it when you were there rescuing Freyr, you should be able to go back and get it

honestly running the raven tears wrists and belt may be better, than what i had orig posted the increased healing is kinda nuts if you activate a large area runic attack after getting it, if you hit a bunch of mobs with it you heal at least 50% of the maxed out bar

Last edited:
Reactions: crotch
TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Exactly, which is why game devs need to stop being wannabe filmmakers

*insert tirade*
Moviegaming is the ultimate goal in my book

To play the lead in a badass movie is the perfect confluence of my entertainment interests. Some of y'all think that your subjective experience with gaming should somehow be universal

That's an incredibly narrow-minded and short-sighted way of perceiving this medium

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
ultimate goal in my book is for a game to be something you can sit down, play, be engrossed, feel like it's been an hour so you wanna stretch and realize it's actually been four hours.

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
ultimate goal in my book is for a game to be something you can sit down, play, be engrossed, feel like it's been an hour so you wanna stretch and realize it's actually been four hours.
Ya same. And the way in which that can be achieved varies from person to person so it doesn't make sense to so aggressively proclaim opinions itt as the only ones that are viable

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012

To play the lead in a badass movie is the perfect confluence of my entertainment interests. Some of y'all think that your subjective experience with gaming should somehow be universal

That's an incredibly narrow-minded and short-sighted way of perceiving this medium

It was just a half joke to miss the point of what Null was saying

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012

Same. Some movie games like Until Dawn or The Last of Us can do that to me, but they're the exception

Emphasis on movie-like (though generally it feels more like a shitty tv show) storytelling and cinematics has bogged other games down

Reactions: silkforcalde

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England

Videogames have been aspiring to this level for decades. I remember a big deal being made about games like Golgo 13 on the NES back in the 80s because it had these "cinematic" style cut-scenes (just static images with text underneath, of course) telling the story between levels.

Reactions: Sphygmo and crotch

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
Same. Some movie games like Until Dawn or The Last of Us can do that to me, but they're the exception

Emphasis on movie-like (though generally it feels more like a shitty tv show) storytelling and cinematics has bogged other games down

Sure, just like any other media, sometimes it's done well, many times it isn't.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
yea should be fine without it
it comes from an optional boss in vanaheim, you prob ran right past it when you were there rescuing Freyr, you should be able to go back and get it

honestly running the raven tears wrists and belt may be better, than what i had orig posted the increased healing is kinda nuts if you activate a large area runic attack after getting it, if you hit a bunch of mobs with it you heal at least 50% of the maxed out bar
copy that thank you. ram through a bunch of musphelheum shit last night no deaths so i should be good

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
the Kratos cant die build (i mean you can but then i question if you have thumbs)

the basic idea is you have massive defense so you dont take a lot of damage and the armor+ items and such provide a ton of passive or active healing/life steal

Sterinbjorn Armor - after damage your attacks restore health
Bracers of Raven Tears - increases healing from healing items
Surtrs scorched girdle - damage resistance

Shield - stonewall shield
Rond of restoration - chance to restore health on skill use

Axe attachment - Grip of the fallen alchemist - chance for health burst on skill attack
Blades - pommels of the nine realms - realm shifts on skill use
Spear - hind of volatile might - mostly for the stats

Valor rage mode - gain health mele boost

relic 0 hilt of forsbrandr - does push back and gives you a shield

Amulet

Greeter regenerating essence - passive health regen
Regenerating essence - also passive health regen - these 2 stack
Crest of desperate heroics - shield when health is critical + strength buff
ston idol of souls - using health/rage gives you life steal for a time
eirs armament - chance of health burst on runic attack kill
celestial panacea - 25% resistance to all status effects
poison protector - 50% resist to poison
bright eyed emblem - 50% resistance to blind and daze
boon of valor - rage valor heals less but gives buff to strength and life steal

Quoting this post so I can more easily find it again since I'm gonna start working on this now. :cool:

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007

I'm talking about when it's implemented well obv

Reactions: Keksim

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
So here's a question to ponder...where does the God of War franchise go from here?

At this point, it's hard to see a reason to put Kratos in some new mythology or setting. He's found a home, and has friends and people he cares about for the first time since his first family died. I guess I could see continuing the series with Atreus as the lead, but...it's not really God of War without Kratos. I think from an artistic and creative viewpoint, this is the time to let the series end. But it's such a huge franchise that it's hard to imagine they won't ever want to make another game...

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
So here's a question to ponder...where does the God of War franchise go from here?

At this point, it's hard to see a reason to put Kratos in some new mythology or setting. He's found a home, and has friends and people he cares about for the first time since his first family died. I guess I could see continuing the series with Atreus as the lead, but...it's not really God of War without Kratos. I think from an artistic and creative viewpoint, this is the time to let the series end. But it's such a huge franchise that it's hard to imagine they won't ever want to make another game...

people online saying they should take on the Abrahamic ones next which will not go over well at all. also i don't think they would work from a game perspective, there isn't enough conflict in those mythologies. everyone is kinda on the same side unless you did the boring old god v satan BS. i think they could make it work with the Aztec mythos or going back to something like the Sumerians where is there a lot of inter god conflict. and they have an ending/apocalypses type event in them

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012

They could remake the original

Reactions: NULL_bits

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
They could remake the original

I had that thought too. There's some story there that could definitely be re-told in a more mature and nuanced fashion than it was in the original trilogy. But it's not going to carry the same sort of emotional weight that these last two games did. I mean we already KNOW how the Greek thing worked out. :mamoru:

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
I had that thought too. There's some story there that could definitely be re-told in a more mature and nuanced fashion than it was in the original trilogy. But it's not going to carry the same sort of emotional weight that these last two games did. I mean we already KNOW how the Greek thing worked out. :mamoru:
flat remaking the first 2 prob would not be a bad idea just to make them more playable. GOW 3 still is mostly OK because of when it came out but the first 2 are rough

give them the Uncharted treatment and port them all forward

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
flat remaking the first 2 prob would not be a bad idea just to make them more playable. GOW 3 still is mostly OK because of when it came out but the first 2 are rough

give them the Uncharted treatment and port them all forward

I guess the question is, would it be a Demon's Souls style remake where the everything is rebuilt from the ground up but kept as close to the original as possible in terms of style and gameplay? Or do they do it Resident Evil 2 style where they completely re-imagine the game using the style of the new games.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman