ENT GAME Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I guess the question is, would it be a Demon's Souls style remake where the everything is rebuilt from the ground up but kept as close to the original as possible in terms of style and gameplay? Or do they do it Resident Evil 2 style where they completely re-imagine the game using the style of the new games.

RE2 style for sure. Maybe add some new weapons etc

NULL_bits

Feb 10, 2021
I guess the question is, would it be a Demon's Souls style remake where the everything is rebuilt from the ground up but kept as close to the original as possible in terms of style and gameplay? Or do they do it Resident Evil 2 style where they completely re-imagine the game using the style of the new games.

I’d go with the former. I still think the original GOW formula works really well and just needs visual (and some slight mechanic) overhauls. Just my opinion though.

pock

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Louisiana
Anyone buying Gotham Knights for $35 during this Black Friday sale?

Absolutely loved playing as Batman in the Arkham series.

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Arkham asylum was the game that got me back into gaming after a six year or so hiatus after my kids were born

City was strong but didn't find it as tightly constructed as asylum which I think had fairly flawless execution

Knight was solid but it was bogged down by way too much redundant side content. I feel like a lot of developers should realize less is often more

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Arkham asylum was the game that got me back into gaming after a six year or so hiatus after my kids were born

City was strong but didn't find it as tightly constructed as asylum which I think had fairly flawless execution

Knight was solid but it was bogged down by way too much redundant side content. I feel like a lot of developers should realize less is often more

Arkham Knight was such a mixed bag for me. I LOVED the fully explorable recreation of Gotham City, even moreso that you could drive around it in the Batmobile, which I thought was brilliantly implemented... except that they used it too much. Too many of what should have been awesome boss fights were instead replaced with samey vehicle combat sequences. Nowhere was this more egregious than the "final boss" fight against Deathstroke. Like, the ONE character who's supposed to be able to give Batman a run for his money in hand-to-hand combat, and they have you fight him in a car and then beat him in a cutscene?! Inexcusable.

However, the things the game got right, it got REALLY right.

Reactions: Sphygmo
TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Arkham Knight was such a mixed bag for me. I LOVED the fully explorable recreation of Gotham City, even moreso that you could drive around it in the Batmobile, which I thought was brilliantly implemented... except that they used it too much. Too many of what should have been awesome boss fights were instead replaced with samey vehicle combat sequences. Nowhere was this more egregious than the "final boss" fight against Deathstroke. Like, the ONE character who's supposed to be able to give Batman a run for his money in hand-to-hand combat, and they have you fight him in a car and then beat him in a cutscene?! Inexcusable.

However, the things the game got right, it got REALLY right.
Ya I just ultimately got bored of the game. Didn't even make it to the boss tbh

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
isnt this the one they pulled because it was 100% broken ?

That was Arkham Knight, which came out back in 2015. Gotham Knights, in spite of what you might expect, is not connected with the Arkham games in any way, aside from being a "Batman" game (quotations because you don't play as Batman himself in this one). It doesn't follow the story or continuity of the Arkham games at all.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
I mean I get it. They obviously put a lot of work into getting the Batmobile just right, and they pulled if off brilliantly. So they wanted to USE it. But the overall game suffered as a result.

Reactions: Sphygmo

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
I mean I get it. They obviously put a lot of work into getting the Batmobile just right, and they pulled if off brilliantly. So they wanted to USE it. But the overall game suffered as a result.
Yea that's why Knight was my least favorite of the Arkham games. The Batmobile wayyyy overstayed it's welcome

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
And it's too bad. Because I still feel like it was a very good game. But it could have been something really special. :hs:
Oh for sure. It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, it's just not as fun to play as the others. Still looks pretty amazing though, much better than Gotham Knights even though that game came out 7 years later.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
I was watching some videos on YouTube, and one of the reviews brought up something about Ragnarok that I hadn't really thought about, but it was an excellent point. They REALLY did a great job with the pacing of this game. I almost never felt that an area or section of the game dragged on for too long, or was too short or rushed through. There's always enough there that it feels satisfying, but they're also blocked out in such a way that even for someone who has limited playtime, you can probably get through one "chapter" of the main story per sitting, and there's always a nice payoff at the end in the form of some kind of cool boss battle or set piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman