ENT GAME Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
can you provide some examples lol

main threads on sites like resetera and IGN are largely negative with smatterings of people that like the game and a bunch of people that did like the game but call it disappointing and not a GotY contender, etc.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

they seem to love it lol

most subreddits dedicated to a game are largely positive, some will even ban / delete negativity.

mmm just looked at that subreddit and that's one that doesn't ban memes. you have to ban memes to ever have quality discussions, it's why /r/gaming is such a cesspool.

Reactions: crotch

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN

main threads on sites like resetera and IGN are largely negative with smatterings of people that like the game and a bunch of people that did like the game but call it disappointing and not a GotY contender, etc.

even the thread you both linked , sure these are some legitimate semi nitpicking complaints but the comments on that thread the majority of people still loved the game. a lot of people say they despite these flaws they still enjoyed the combat/game for the most part

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
i like to get into the nitty gritty about games. i'm a gaming enthusiast my dude. fuckin love video games.
just joshing with you homie we’re all allowed our own opinions

i wouldn’t have tried rogue legacy if you hadn’t suggested it, same with quite a few other suggestions you’ve given

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
even the thread you both linked , sure these are some legitimate semi nitpicking complaints but the comments on that thread the majority of people still loved the game. a lot of people say they despite these flaws they still enjoyed the combat/game for the most part

i mean i gave GoW 2018 a 6 / 10, that's "still enjoyed for the most part." just not like really enjoyed. also the endgame stuff drops it a full point or two. that shit was unacceptable. 0 / 10 endgame.

NULL_bits

Feb 10, 2021
Man people really get emotional over this game! I’ve only played through maybe 8-10 hours of GOW 2018 and I really want to like it, but here are my main gripes. Not sure how much of this transfers over to Fraggle Rock though.

• The FOV sucks, which is made worse by the fact that Kratos eats up so much room on the screen.
  • I don’t like collecting various flavors of bullshit - run around and collect toys, or fragments, or whatever, it’s so uninspired and tedious to me, furthermore the rewards really aren’t that great.
  • The puzzles so far have all felt very samey and uninspired. The OG GOW games have far better environmental puzzles.
  • It’s very hand-holdy with environmental puzzles. In the OG games actually had good platforming sections with jumping, sliding down walls, etc, here you just walk to the edge and press circle. The climbing is just like it is in Horizon, which is lame.
  • Very little enemy variety, the OG games had great variety.
  • Boss fights are super lame and copy/paste (heard this was better in Fraggle Rock though, so this might just be a 2018 thing)
  • Atreus is bloody annoying and constantly screaming shit in a fight - “BEHIND YOU!” Every 3 seconds, shit becomes tiring.
  • For me there’s a disconnect with the combat that I can’t quite put my finger on. Maybe it’s that the animations are too long or something? It feels chunky. It’s not terrible, but playing GOW 3 feels SOOOO much nicer IMO. If I boot up GOW3 I’m immediately hooked and it’s fun as fuck.
  • I give zero fucks about things like runes and such, I don’t really feel a discernible difference and swapping them out is tedious af, so I just don’t do it.

Those are my issues with GOW 2018, not sure how much has been fixed in Ragnarok, but judging by gameplay videos it seems like it’s more or less the same but with a fresh coat of paint.

I’m obviously in the minority, I'm not going to deny that the game is well loved, and I really want to like the game, but it’s just so bleh.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Man people really get emotional over this game! I’ve only played through maybe 8-10 hours of GOW 2018 and I really want to like it, but here are my main gripes. Not sure how much of this transfers over to Fraggle Rock though.

• The FOV sucks, which is made worse by the fact that Kratos eats up so much room on the screen.
  • I don’t like collecting various flavors of bullshit - run around and collect toys, or fragments, or whatever, it’s so uninspired and tedious to me, furthermore the rewards really aren’t that great.
  • The puzzles so far have all felt very samey and uninspired. The OG GOW games have far better environmental puzzles.
  • It’s very hand-holdy with environmental puzzles. In the OG games actually had good platforming sections with jumping, sliding down walls, etc, here you just walk to the edge and press circle. The climbing is just like it is in Horizon, which is lame.
  • Boss fights are super lame and copy/paste (heard this was better in Fraggle Rock though, so this might just be a 2018 thing)
  • Atreus is bloody annoying and constantly screaming shit in a fight - “BEHIND YOU!” Every 3 seconds, shit becomes tiring.
  • For me there’s a disconnect with the combat that I can’t quite put my finger on. Maybe it’s that the animations are too long or something? It feels chunky. It’s not terrible, but playing GOW 3 feels SOOOO much nicer IMO. If I boot up GOW3 I’m immediately hooked and it’s fun as fuck.
  • I give zero fucks about things like runes and such, I don’t really feel a discernible difference and swapping them out is tedious af, so I just don’t do it.

Those are my issues with GOW 2018, not sure how much has been fixed in Ragnarok, but judging by gameplay videos it seems like it’s more or less the same but with a fresh coat of paint.

I’m obviously in the minority, I'm not going to deny that the game is well loved, and I really want to like the game, but it’s just so bleh.

one thing about GoW 2018 is that the stats on gear aren't as important as the level. you have to piecemeal your way up to a higher level which will magically make everything easier to deal with. this number is king. everything else is largely flavor.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
one thing about GoW 2018 is that the stats on gear aren't as important as the level. you have to piecemeal your way up to a higher level which will magically make everything easier to deal with. this number is king. everything else is largely flavor.
iirc stun was a big deal and a crutch i leaned on in 2018 and this entry

i just focused all rune attacks on stun so i could smash r3 and instagib them

worked well in this iteration too

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
iirc stun was a big deal and a crutch i leaned on in 2018 and this entry

i just focused all rune attacks on stun so i could smash r3 and instagib them

worked well in this iteration too

i'd have to reinstall the game to see what i was using through the end but i definitely used a lot of stuns. i think one involved a shield, like you boom your shield forward and it stuns stuff? i tried experimenting with different runes but it was clear that there was one set that was far, far better than anything else so there was no reason to ever try another build. it felt like the system tried to appear complex but was actually very simple when you cut through it.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England

Of these things that you didn't care for in 2018, I would say that only the enemy variety and bosses have been significantly addressed.

It's very much a case of if you liked GoW 2018, you'll love Ragnarok. If you didn't much care for it, I don't think the new one is going to change your mind. It is what it is. :hs:

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Lol from reading the last couple pages I can't even see why he'd come at you so hard here :rofl:

Felt incredibly random

dude is constantly trying to push my buttons 100% of the time

such an annoying weird douche

also bringing up what the conversation is about is yet another disingenuous deflection, he knows that his behavior is the issue, not the subject of the discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman