ENT GAME Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
If I'm not enjoying something I'll just...do something else

What always baffles me is how absolutely rigid and inflexible some of these gamers are. I see it in a LOT of gaming discussions online. Guys who think certain things in a game should be done in just this one very specific way that they like, and if a game does it differently, then it did it "wrong". As if everything should conform to their preferences.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
What always baffles me is how absolutely rigid and inflexible some of these gamers are. I see it in a LOT of gaming discussions online. Guys who think certain things in a game should be done in just this one very specific way that they like, and if a game does it differently, then it did it "wrong". As if everything should conform to their preferences.
goes along a comment a made a while ago about enjoying games for what they are and not what you think they could be

that list of issies with GOW posted a few pages has maybe 2-3 legit gripes, the rest is just ranting about things that dont matter

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Is this Callisto protocol game gonna be any good?

Some dude at work was all excited for it

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
goes along a comment a made a while ago about enjoying games for what they are and not what you think they could be

resetting skills - not a GOW issue this is more or less standard across the board. i dont feel its an issue anywhere
pause combos were never that great anyway, also they incorporated the blades ones into normal moves anyway
Shield one is prob legit, there is less bare hand stuff now but meh
camera is fine
this is also fine and not limited to GOW, git gud
use the shield for this, its not an issue if you have eyes
its not useless, people are bad
game isn't designed around i-frames,
happened in the first game, its risk vs reward, you would be broken OP if this was the case
Somewhat legit
And? game would not benefit from aerial options
same as the first game - stack armor with cooldown on it to speed this up. pretty simple system
somewhat fair maybe
this is a pretty standard leveling system. under/equal/over just like many other RPGs
non issue
this person clearly didn't figure out how to best use the companion, its really powerful TBH
you can fix this by stacking armor with runic - yes they lowered their power from the first game because they were a bit too OP
they made it less of an I win vs bosses, which I'm fine with - still destroys normal enemies and it now has 3 diff modes

Reactions: ZeroDeeFeX

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
also that whole truegaming sub comes across as a sub that was made because people didnt like the fact that the other subs didnt agree with them so they made their own echo chamber

much like why the TLOU2 sub exists because people were pissed that people in the standard TLOU sub enjoyed the game so they made their own sub to hate on it

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
dude is constantly trying to push my buttons 100% of the time

such an annoying weird douche

also bringing up what the conversation is about is yet another disingenuous deflection, he knows that his behavior is the issue, not the subject of the discussion

Yeah, believe it or not, my guy, it isn't personal. I just disagree with a lot of your takes. You're not shy about sharing your opinions (often in a very ABRASIVE manner), so why should anyone else be shy in commenting about them?

And this isn't even about your opinion. You haven't even played the game! You keep telling us how much "the rest of the internet" is hating on the game (a statement which I find to be quite a stretch, and only true if you're focusing specifically on the threads where people who have complaints are congregating to share them). But who gives a fuck what some people on Reddit or Recetera or whatever think? Let's hear YOUR thoughts about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroDeeFeX

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
Shield one is prob legit, there is less bare hand stuff now but meh

I DO miss some of the barehanded/shield stuff from the first game. I think most of it ends up here divided between the different shields, but it was nice having that variety of options with one shield (admittedly they did add some new stuff with the different shields too). The one that really stood out for me was this one attack you could do in GoW 2018 where you could do a shield slam, and then follow it up with Kratos punching the back of the shield which sent this big shockwave out and knocked back enemies. There's something sort of like this with one of the shields in this game, but that means you have to use THAT specific shield, and it honestly just doesn't feel as good or impactful as the move from the previous game.

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Yeah, believe it or not, my guy, it isn't personal. I just disagree with a lot of your takes. You're not shy about sharing your opinions (often in a very ABRASIVE manner), so why should anyone else be shy in commenting about them?

And this isn't even about your opinion. You haven't even played the game! You keep telling us how much "the rest of the internet" is hating on the game (a statement which I find to be quite a stretch, and only true if you're focusing specifically on the threads where people who have complaints are congregating to share them). But who gives a fuck what some people on Reddit or Recetera or whatever think? Let's hear YOUR thoughts about it.
Ya he's been very caustic and abrasive about a game he's not even playing

Not really sure why on this one

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Get on it, my dude. I really would just play the original, though. DS trilogy basically mirrors the Alien movies.

1 has the greatest survival horror type atmosphere.
2 feels more action oriented instead of horror
3 is meh.

2 is solid af, but yeah it is way more linear and less focused on horror

SlowNegative

Her name is Rio
Dec 31, 2000
Atlanta
Started playing Final Fantasy VII Remake, actually liking it better than I thought I would! I'm not normally into FF games so much these days (used to be way back in the day), but this is on PS+ so I figured I'd give it a shot and it's actually pretty good IMO.

FFVII intergrade is worth the cost for 60 fps and the extra content

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman