Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

NULL_bits

OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2021
What should I play next? Just finished Spider-Man, uncharted 4 & lost legacy. In the middle of stray and miles morales but not really feeling either of them

heres my running list I want to play but open to other suggestions

ultrakill, Deus ex mankind divided, portal 2, monster hunter, Evil within 2, Turbo overkill, hollow knight, it takes 2, The medium, RE2/4, MGS5, DMC5, high on life
postal brain dmg, hyper demon, ghost runner

You ever played Prey (2017)? It's one of my all-time favs! It's sorta like Bioshock in space, but more fun IMO (though not quite as strong of a story as OG BS, still pretty damn good though).

Reactions: silkforcalde

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Different era - No one with half a brain would dispute Nintendos place in the history of this medium, hardware included - but their ego is so sky high they just assume their IPs will continue to carry them despite forcing said IPs to exist on the shittiest hardware

I could be coming at that from a demo that’s not in target (well, I definitely am doing that), but to me they are still leaving so much modern day relevance on the table by hamstringing themselves with the fucking switch

Shit is straight trash in 2023

Their sales are probably still amazing lol, but my opinion is right regardless

Well since we have sales figures now...it turns out that the Switch was, in fact, the best selling system in 2022 :mamoru:. That kinda blows my mind because the only worthwhile thing I can think of that came out on the Switch all year was Kirby, but I assume lots of parents are buying them for their kids still (also I assume that the Switch Lite is also included in those sales numbers). Idk, on the one hand I agree with what you're saying about how outdated the Switch hardware is now. On the other hand, I can see why Nintendo might be hesitant to replace it because they seem to bounce back and forth between wild success and embarrassing failure, so they probably want to keep the Switch train running for as long as they can. :o

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Switch OLED as a handheld in 2023 is like a 7.5/10 but new hardware is needed next year at the latest

When docked, it feels 2 generations behind because it basically is

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
NorCal
You ever played Prey (2017)? It's one of my all-time favs! It's sorta like Bioshock in space, but more fun IMO (though not quite as strong of a story as OG BS, still pretty damn good though).
I got a few hours into it and one part frustrated me so I walked away from it. May pick it back up.

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Well since we have sales figures now...it turns out that the Switch was, in fact, the best selling system in 2022 :mamoru:. That kinda blows my mind because the only worthwhile thing I can think of that came out on the Switch all year was Kirby, but I assume lots of parents are buying them for their kids still (also I assume that the Switch Lite is also included in those sales numbers). Idk, on the one hand I agree with what you're saying about how outdated the Switch hardware is now. On the other hand, I can see why Nintendo might be hesitant to replace it because they seem to bounce back and forth between wild success and embarrassing failure, so they probably want to keep the Switch train running for as long as they can. :o

The recent Pokemon game sold 10 million units within 3 days and it's shocking how many copies of Mario Kart 8, Animal Crossing, etc. are still being sold

Reactions: crotch

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
The recent Pokemon game sold 10 million units within 3 days and it's shocking how many copies of Mario Kart 8, Animal Crossing, etc. are still being sold
and they still drop dlc for mario kart and it’s like fifty years old at this point lol

when they drop a new mario kart i will 100% play it until my eyes bleed

Reactions: Keksim

NULL_bits

OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2021
I got a few hours into it and one part frustrated me so I walked away from it. May pick it back up.

The ramp-up is really difficult, especially your first run. Once you upgrade a bit and get into the flow, it becomes MUCH more manageable. The first few hours are definitely the hardest IMO. Don't be afraid to use walkthroughs and such, it's such a fun game once you get going!

Which part hung you up?

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
Switch OLED as a handheld in 2023 is like a 7.5/10 but new hardware is needed next year at the latest

When docked, it feels 2 generations behind because it basically is

Yeah, I think the Switch is somewhere between PS3 and PS4 levels, hardware wise. So it didn't seem TOO bad compared to the previous gen consoles (except that it came out around the same time that the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X came out :mamoru: ). But it's badly showing its age now.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
NorCal
The ramp-up is really difficult, especially your first run. Once you upgrade a bit and get into the flow, it becomes MUCH more manageable. The first few hours are definitely the hardest IMO. Don't be afraid to use walkthroughs and such, it's such a fun game once you get going!

Which part hung you up?
I forget exactly as it’s been years but I think I floated outside the ship to collect something from a dead guy or scientist or something then encountered some of the first bipedal enemies but didn't really have weapons to fight them

Reactions: NULL_bits

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
What should I play next? Just finished Spider-Man, uncharted 4 & lost legacy. In the middle of stray and miles morales but not really feeling either of them

heres my running list I want to play but open to other suggestions

ultrakill, Deus ex mankind divided, portal 2, monster hunter, Evil within 2, Turbo overkill, hollow knight, it takes 2, The medium, RE2/4, MGS5, DMC5, high on life
postal brain dmg, hyper demon, ghost runner

Portal 2 and Hollow Knight are classics. The Evil Within 2 is solid but 1 is far, far better. If you're looking for more of 1 you won't find it in 2 but it's still a decent game. RE2 and 4 are fantastic. Out of that list I'd play Hollow Knight first.

Reactions: Alias

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

Prey is easily one of the best games ever made, what a tremendous masterpiece.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I forget exactly as it’s been years but I think I floated outside the ship to collect something from a dead guy or scientist or something then encountered some of the first bipedal enemies but didn't really have weapons to fight them

focus on either non-alien abilities or alien abilities, i find it better to specialize. if you go non-alien, the time slowing ability is really choice and should be taken asap. if you didn't have weapons for those enemies then you can backtrack and explore, you should have weapons available to deal with anything in front of you. you can also gloo cannon up enemies until they are frozen and then bash them with a lead pipe in a pinch. alien abilities are stronger but it'll make automated defenses attack you (not really a problem)

Reactions: Alias

NULL_bits

OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2021
Prey is easily one of the best games ever made, what a tremendous masterpiece.

It's the only game I've ever played back to back to back to back, hah (though haven't finished my fourth run quite yet, it's on hold). I first beat it with only human neuromods (noticed the achievement and went for it first), then I beat it with only Typhon mods, then I did a run where I just had a blast using both, now I'm on the no neuromod run, and I was some fun with it, but kinda got a little burned out by that point, but I'm itching to go back in!

It's definitely in my top 3 all-time favorites.

You played Mooncrash? I'm starting to warm up to the rogue-light/like genre, but wasn't into it back when I was playing Prey so I never gave it a shot. I heard it's pretty good.

NULL_bits

OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2021
Yeah, I think the Switch is somewhere between PS3 and PS4 levels, hardware wise. So it didn't seem TOO bad compared to the previous gen consoles (except that it came out around the same time that the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X came out :mamoru: ). But it's badly showing its age now.

I would pay a pretty penny for a Switch that has the latest tech for mobile CPU/GPU. Even back when the Switch was released, it was using a pretty mediocre CPU/GPU and it has only become worse with age.

I don't mind playing handheld, but it becomes kinda tiring pretty quickly for me. I'm a 90/10 docked/handheld type, and a lot of games when blown up on a screen become a bit nauseating for me, especially because really low FOVs are common on Switch and there's nothing worse in visuals for me than low FPS and FOV.

We really need 60 FPS to be the minimum acceptable standard.

For me the Switch has basically become a Tropical Freeze/Tetris Effect machine for when I'm on the shitter.

Reactions: Highlander_77

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
It's the only game I've ever played back to back to back to back, hah (though haven't finished my fourth run quite yet, it's on hold). I first beat it with only human neuromods (noticed the achievement and went for it first), then I beat it with only Typhon mods, then I did a run where I just had a blast using both, now I'm on the no neuromod run, and I was some fun with it, but kinda got a little burned out by that point, but I'm itching to go back in!

It's definitely in my top 3 all-time favorites.

You played Mooncrash? I'm starting to warm up to the rogue-light/like genre, but wasn't into it back when I was playing Prey so I never gave it a shot. I heard it's pretty good.

yeah mooncrash is awesome, only complaint is that it becomes a bit easy for the last few runs.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
I would pay a pretty penny for a Switch that has the latest tech for mobile CPU/GPU. Even back when the Switch was released, it was using a pretty mediocre CPU/GPU and it has only become worse with age.

I don't mind playing handheld, but it becomes kinda tiring pretty quickly for me. I'm a 90/10 docked/handheld type, and a lot of games when blown up on a screen become a bit nauseating for me, especially because really low FOVs are common on Switch and there's nothing worse in visuals for me than low FPS and FOV.

We really need 60 FPS to be the minimum acceptable standard.

For me the Switch has basically become a Tropical Freeze/Tetris Effect machine for when I'm on the shitter.

:werd: Yeah, the lack of 60fps is the biggest thing holding back my excitement about the new Zelda. :hs:

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
It's funny that folks are saying Gna is the hard one. It took me a few tries, but I did beat her (maybe the 5th or 6th attempt without lowering the difficultly level). I actually got her almost beat two or three times and lost with her having just a sliver of health left. So I always knew I'd be able to beat her. But the Beserker King, he's been the biggest pain in my ass in the game. I haven't beat him yet. The last time, I realized I was swearing at the TV for like 45 minutes straight. So I turned it off - lol. But Gna...not so much. She was tough, but not crazy tough for me...not like the King.
:hs: I've only got those two battles left and the brok thing. Should I go do the brok thing first? Been putting it off.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
It's funny that folks are saying Gna is the hard one. It took me a few tries, but I did beat her (maybe the 5th or 6th attempt without lowering the difficultly level). I actually got her almost beat two or three times and lost with her having just a sliver of health left. So I always knew I'd be able to beat her. But the Beserker King, he's been the biggest pain in my ass in the game. I haven't beat him yet. The last time, I realized I was swearing at the TV for like 45 minutes straight. So I turned it off - lol. But Gna...not so much. She was tough, but not crazy tough for me...not like the King.

I think I would put him and Gna at around the same level. I think Gna might have taken me a little longer to beat, but it was comparable. Neither one compares to Sigrun from the 2018 game.

Reactions: Mammoth

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy