LOVE Bittersweet day

Sam Gamgee

Every tool is weapon if you hold it right.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Western MA
So, Obama is elected - YAY!

But, it looks like Prop 8 will pass - BOO!!!

I'm sorry to all our California brothers and sisters in here.

I can only hope that with an Obama presidency, people's minds will change...

:hug:

xela

So say we all!
Jun 15, 2004
Boston
I feel so badly for the gay community in CA if it definitely passes. :wtc: I just don't get how they can take something away after it's been passed...

novo

how's your dad?
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
Low Haight
does it make any sense that, according to exit polls, african-americans (particularly women) were the biggest supporters of 8? :confused:

Lokman

Jun 5, 2007
I feel so badly for the gay community in CA if it definitely passes. :wtc: I just don't get how they can take something away after it's been passed...

That's because nothing was PASSED before yesterday. An activist mayor made a unilateral choice and a court happened to agree with him. The majority of the population obviously did not agree and now they have spoken.

WyldKat

Come with me if you want to live.
Apr 13, 2004
Indy
I just called this election bittersweet in another thread before I saw this.

:hug:

We've been fighting an uphill battle all of our lives. Yes, we still can.

Pen Is Mightier

:wtc:

Hopefully something in the future changes but it is still sad to know that 52% voted YES...voted to strip rights away from their neighbors and friends. :wtc:

Pen Is Mightier

does it make any sense that, according to exit polls, african-americans (particularly women) were the biggest supporters of 8? :confused:
i have a good joke to say to that but am restraining myself as i dont want people to be butt hurt. :o

cedric

I don't have a contract
May 9, 2004
San Francisc:noes:
it makes perfect sense. they couldn't leave their god home when they went to the polls. It sucks that, when you do the math, had they been split 50/50 like whites, it would've been a tie, if not a win, in our favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor