GAME Blizzard Developers nicknamed a hotel room the "Cosby Suite" v.that'sabadlook

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
ftfy

they've already seen a $10/per share drop on their stock and they're hemorrhaging subscribers on WoW right now

I don't see Blizzard maintaining the presence they've had in the gaming space for the past 30 years.

I don't even know if we're ever going to see Diablo 4 at this point. :rofl:

My bet is that they let out one more WoW expac and then go free-to-play on the game.

Then they start rolling out more and more mobile versions of their games.

Imma be mad if D4 and OW2 get fucked from this :mad: (narrator: they will be)

though I would def play free-to-play WoW

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
ftfy

they've already seen a $10/per share drop on their stock and they're hemorrhaging subscribers on WoW right now

I don't see Blizzard maintaining the presence they've had in the gaming space for the past 30 years.

My bet is that they let out one more WoW expac and then go free-to-play on the game.

people were already abandoning WoW cause the current xpac is shit

this just opened the floodgates

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
people were already abandoning WoW cause the current xpac is shit

this just opened the floodgates
It's weird in FFXIV right now, ever since the big WoW streamers started coming over the servers have been flooded to the point that for a couple of weeks Squenix had to shut down virtual sales of the game to stem the tide and the past couple of patching cycles have been about standing up new servers and an entire new data center in the EU. :rofl:

Hell, two of the biggest WoW channels (MadSeason and Preach Gaming) have straight up abandoned WoW entirely.

I knew WoW would die eventually, and even knew that it would be Blizzard themselves that killed it, but I didn't see it happening like this. :rofl2:

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
They had good reason to feel arrogant, that guy at the upper right? He's one of the leaders of HR in Blizzard

1627560424758-png.145259

With HR leaders like that and the mandatory arbitration and NDA on all blizzard employees contracts it's no wonder that it took the state themselves intervening.
jfc

TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
It's weird in FFXIV right now, ever since the big WoW streamers started coming over the servers have been flooded to the point that for a couple of weeks Squenix had to shut down virtual sales of the game to stem the tide and the past couple of patching cycles have been about standing up new servers and an entire new data center in the EU. :rofl:

Hell, two of the biggest WoW channels (MadSeason and Preach Gaming) have straight up abandoned WoW entirely.

I knew WoW would die eventually, and even knew that it would be Blizzard themselves that killed it, but I didn't see it happening like this. :rofl2:
I downloaded ff14 and tried it out. it was a pain to set up an account, and once I did I didn't make it past the opening scene where you're on a boat and it's attacked or whatever. it looked terrible and I got tired of waiting to play the game :o

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
ftfy

0*uyiLf9Bc5xKJ1NIa

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California

yeah login queues are now 70+

on a shitty low-pop RP server on Crystal

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I downloaded ff14 and tried it out. it was a pain to set up an account, and once I did I didn't make it past the opening scene where you're on a boat and it's attacked or whatever. it looked terrible and I got tired of waiting to play the game :o
FFXIV has a weird history, 1.0 of the game was such trash that they had to kill the game entirely and literally set fire to the entire in-game world.

2.0 A Realm Reborn is basically what everyone starts with today and it's what came out of the ashes, and the thing is if you're used to WoW it's really hard to get into, since it's a STRONGLY story based game levels 1-30 are stupid slow and filled with a bunch of setup that doesn't even start paying off till the level 45 quests start rolling around.

The way I see it: stick it out to Heavensward, the first major expansion, and it becomes truly amazing.

Shadowbringers, the latest expac, is probably the best expansion I've seen in any MMO ever.

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
It has a really really slow start, the entirety of 2.0 feels like a snails-pace, but it does get really good both gameplay and story wise in Heavensward+

Agree the billing and account system is straight TRASH tho

Reactions: smell my finger
TS
TS
smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
FFXIV has a weird history, 1.0 of the game was such trash that they had to kill the game entirely and literally set fire to the entire in-game world.

2.0 A Realm Reborn is basically what everyone starts with today and it's what came out of the ashes, and the thing is if you're used to WoW it's really hard to get into, since it's a STRONGLY story based game levels 1-30 are stupid slow and filled with a bunch of setup that doesn't even start paying off till the level 45 quests start rolling around.

The way I see it: stick it out to Heavensward, the first major expansion, and it becomes truly amazing.

Shadowbringers, the latest expac, is probably the best expansion I've seen in any MMO ever.

the thing I quickly realized after downloading it is that I have zero time for an mmorpg ... maybe when I retire, the kids are grown, and I can play in my Playstation 32 body suit.

• Haha
Reactions: amalgamas

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
at 5am PTD I'm seeing 80+ on a low pop normal server. :rofl:
So they don't actually have official server types, and when the game first launched years ago, you just got assigned a world. You really couldn't pick. I remember having to coordinate login times with my wife and friends just to make sure we could get into the same world.

I didn't really choose the RP realms because I didn't even know they were a thing, so kind of just stuck with this one.

My wife has the 1.0 OG back tatoo though and shows off with every glam she can, though

• Wow
Reactions: amalgamas

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
So they don't actually have official server types, and when the game first launched years ago, you just got assigned a world. You really couldn't pick. I remember having to coordinate login times with my wife and friends just to make sure we could get into the same world.

I didn't really choose the RP realms because I didn't even know they were a thing, so kind of just stuck with this one.

My wife has the 1.0 OG back tatoo though and shows off with every glam she can, though
she got that permanently discounted subscriber fee too then?

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
she got that permanently discounted subscriber fee too then?
I'm not sure. I don't think so?

All I know is hers is regarded expensive from all the damned extra retainers she has. Woman spends more time crafting than anything else. Has all crafting jobs to 80 and has zero space.

Meanwhile my crafters are level 1, if I even bothered to unlock them.

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I remember buying her the game on PC, we even got the collectors edition. Then she was so sad it was unplayable despite trying really hard to do it. I don't know if she remained subbed long in 1.0. I know she didn't finish the content.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I'm not sure. I don't think so?

All I know is hers is regarded expensive from all the damned extra retainers she has. Woman spends more time crafting than anything else. Has all crafting jobs to 80 and has zero space.

Meanwhile my crafters are level 1, if I even bothered to unlock them.
fucking Omni-crafter over here. :rofl:

I just got my fishing to 80 and I'm working on Goldsmithing next.

I swear crafting in this game is a fucking ponzi scheme, cause the only way to easily get the gear you need to continue to craft is to buy shit from the Market and the only way to make that money back is to sell the shit you make/gather on the market. :rofl:

• Haha

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I remember buying her the game on PC, we even got the collectors edition. Then she was so sad it was unplayable despite trying really hard to do it. I don't know if she remained subbed long in 1.0. I know she didn't finish the content.
if she has the legacy back tattoo then she was subbed at least for the last three months.

The only people who got that were the ones that kept their sub active even after the game went FTP as they were preparing for ARR.

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
fucking Omni-crafter over here. :rofl:

I just got my fishing to 80 and I'm working on Goldsmithing next.

I swear crafting in this game is a fucking ponzi scheme, cause the only way to easily get the gear you need to continue to craft is to buy shit from the Market and the only way to make that money back is to sell the shit you make/gather on the market. :rofl:
tik tik tok tik

splooosh

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
if she has the legacy back tattoo then she was subbed at least for the last three months.

The only people who got that were the ones that kept their sub active even after the game went FTP as they were preparing for ARR.
I can only confirm the back tattoo and slightly different intro and some dialogue.

The subscription fee seems the same as mine, though.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I can only confirm the back tattoo and slightly different intro and some dialogue.

The subscription fee seems the same as mine, though.
weird, kinda wish I'd been around for all that but I was dick deep in WoW when that all came about :rofl:

Glad that I did pick a time to start when all the refugees from WoW were coming over because it made forming groups for story content raids/dungeons/trials/alliance raids a goddamn breeze. :bowdown:

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
weird, kinda wish I'd been around for all that but I was dick deep in WoW when that all came about :rofl:

Glad that I did pick a time to start when all the refugees from WoW were coming over because it made forming groups for story content raids/dungeons/trials/alliance raids a goddamn breeze. :bowdown:
Kind of weird lately seems queue times are worse for tanks than ever. Maybe it's just a popular role and all the newbies though that would be the fastest way to get queues.

Reminds me of when I was in high school and signed up for ballroom dancing thinking it would be a bunch of girls. 99% sweaty 14 year old boys; they forced us to dance with each other.

• Haha
Reactions: Firewall97

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Kind of weird lately seems queue times are worse for tanks than ever. Maybe it's just a popular role and all the newbies though that would be the fastest way to get queues.

Reminds me of when I was in high school and signed up for ballroom dancing thinking it would be a bunch of girls. 99% sweaty 14 year old boys; they forced us to dance with each other.
Healers is what seems to be in the most demand right now, I may try out Sage when Endwalker comes out but I have zero desire to play any of the other three. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec