ART BMW 745Li Shoot

AutoMotionPhoto

Nov 11, 2008
Miami
I have yet to find a good forum where I can accually learn from my mistakes and have some good opinions so I decided after reading this forum for a while to post some of my stuff.

This was a shoot I did for a custom 3-peice wheel company I am the photographer for. I'm 14 years old, so I have alot to learn. Any comments and critique welcome.
DSC_2903PSfinal.jpg

DSC_2918PScopy.jpg

DSC_2975PS.jpg

DSC_3003PS.jpg

DSC_2965PS.jpg

And last, my first ever attempt with using 2 flashes wirelessly for cars.
DSC_2887PS2.jpg

DSC_2871PS2.jpg

Last edited:

Derrict

OT Supporter
Nov 19, 2003
Delaware, USA
on the first two, be careful with the halo effect when using the dodge/burn tool or whatever method you're using the darken the foreground and background.

some of the angles aren't helping the photo, ie #3

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
#3 is gorgeous.

Your flashed shots are aren't as good as your daylight shots. You haven't exactly nailed the art of distributing the light of the flash across the body of the car.

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
on the first two, be careful with the halo effect when using the dodge/burn tool or whatever method you're using the darken the foreground and background.

some of the angles aren't helping the photo, ie #3

yeah, definitely got some halo going on.

I like #3.

TS
TS

AutoMotionPhoto

Nov 11, 2008
Miami
#3 is gorgeous.

Your flashed shots are aren't as good as your daylight shots. You haven't exactly nailed the art of distributing the light of the flash across the body of the car.

Def. agree with the night shots being less impressive than my daylight shots. It was my first time with the strobes as well. It was pitch dark out there too. Thanks for the comment on #3.

isaac86hatch

This thread sucks
Oct 3, 2005
Oregon
#3 is gorgeous.

Agreed. Nice daylight set. Looks right at home in a wheel catalog.

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
very nice work, especially for only being 14.... (and btw, I don't want to see you in an NWS threads in here, got it :mamoru:) hopefully they're paying you, and paying you fair market value because IMO the work, while it's not perfect, is worth it.

tetsuo

And shepherds we shall be...
May 6, 2004
some great shots, regardless of age. as mentioned, watch for the halos.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan