ENT Book crew: what are you reading?

MassMan

Aug 26, 2004
Somerville, MA
Tons of people loved the sandman audiobook on audible. It’s free right now and I’m maybe 20% in and debating on aborting

Anyone here listen to it and think I should just power through? I’m not a big full cast/graphic audio fan so that is playing a part here

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
Tons of people loved the sandman audiobook on audible. It’s free right now and I’m maybe 20% in and debating on aborting

Anyone here listen to it and think I should just power through? I’m not a big full cast/graphic audio fan so that is playing a part here
Sandman? Like the comic? Read the comic

MassMan

Aug 26, 2004
Somerville, MA
Sandman? Like the comic? Read the comic
Yeah, I saw so many good reviews on the audiobook and only after about 30 minutes did I realize it was an adaptation from a comic. So that was user error on my part. I did see it was DC but thought it was a “book” with their characters, whoops

It’s free on audible right now, still doesn’t seem worth it :dunno:

Reactions: lowfat

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
its a really beautiful work, reading the comics is gonna be a must there

btw i just finished the second issue of the forever war graphic novel and its a great version of the story. highly recommend

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
yeah the sandman is way up there in the list of must read comics.

if you like that kind of thing you should read The Wicked + the Divine, incredible book

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
took a little break on reading but finally into lord of chaos @amalgamas @Boing

enjoying it so far

the only parts of fires of heaven I rly didn't care for were siuan and Gareth bryne spatting constantly and the whole bit with nynaeve and elayne in the circus. other than the part where birgitte got knocked back into the real world. that was dope

Reactions: lowfat

Dylith

OT Supporter
Jun 13, 2005

enjoying it so far

the only parts of fires of heaven I rly didn't care for were siuan and Gareth bryne spatting constantly and the whole bit with nynaeve and elayne in the circus. other than the part where birgitte got knocked back into the real world. that was dope
Two books left until the slowdown. Lord of Chaos is a fun book since the main characters all start to accept their respective roles.

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007

enjoying it so far

oh fuck haven't read since I started those in high school, don't remember shit. Just gonna watch the tv show and hope they don't pull a GoT

Reactions: Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
oh fuck haven't read since I started those in high school, don't remember shit. Just gonna watch the tv show and hope they don't pull a GoT
I hadn't read them since high school either

I only remembered char names and traits and a few major events

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
reading the southern reach trilogy by jeff vandermeer, it's so good, first series in a long time i have a hard time putting down

yeah i couldn't put down authority, that book was fascinating

sadly i haven't really felt the same about any of the books he's written after that including acceptance but i've still liked them all.

Tesla Death Ray

Open your mouth, I'm gonna put something nice into
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2006
Your Best Nightmare
yeah i couldn't put down authority, that book was fascinating

sadly i haven't really felt the same about any of the books he's written after that including acceptance but i've still liked them all.

i'm partway into authority right now, it's a pretty clever way to talk about area x without just having a ton of exposition. too bad acceptance isn't as good.

i took a look at some of his other books at the bookstore, nothing really grabbed me though. have you read any of the ambergris books? they seem like they might be interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost