ENT Book crew: what are you reading?

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i'm reading Termination Shock, the new Neal Stephenson book. about 270 pages in and it's a slow one, not sure where this is going. when i heard it was more of a eco thriller i was expecting something like REAMDE but this is not a fuckin thriller lol. wouldn't say it's up to his normal standards by now but his normal standards haven't been normal since Anathem so it's a big whatever.

novo

how's your dad?
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
Low Haight
Finished Crime & Punishment. Was way more pro-religion than I was expecting but still :bowdown:

Starting War & Peace this weekend. It's so loooong I probably won't be done with it until Halloween
I got super busy and finally finished W&P in December o_O I expected it to be boring but it was rrrrrrrreally fucking interesting, imo. It's more like one part novel, one part correction of history and one part philosophical treatise.

Since then I listened to Act II of the Sandman, fucking great. Can't wait for the Netflix show

And just finished Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir last night. It was good, a little too cutesy in certain places but really enjoyed the overall story and twists. I knew nothing going into that book and that's how it should be read.

I promised my dad that I would read some Steinbeck (never have) so I'm starting The Grapes of Wrath next.

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
I got super busy and finally finished W&P in December o_O I expected it to be boring but it was rrrrrrrreally fucking interesting, imo. It's more like one part novel, one part correction of history and one part philosophical treatise.

Since then I listened to Act II of the Sandman, fucking great. Can't wait for the Netflix show

And just finished Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir last night. It was good, a little too cutesy in certain places but really enjoyed the overall story and twists. I knew nothing going into that book and that's how it should be read.

I promised my dad that I would read some Steinbeck (never have) so I'm starting The Grapes of Wrath next.
you didnt have to read of mice and men in high school?

shame

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Also I have more Audible credits than I know what to do with...if anyone wants one PM me. I'll give three away.

Snake Pliskin

OT Supporter
May 8, 2013
California
Just finished The Pickwick Paper by Dickens. Hadn't read that one before. I like his writing. Prior to that I read The Cocktail Waitress as recommended by @wildflower . Very fun read. Probably gonna read wildflowers Comanche book next.

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
ring around the sun by simak

think this is a good adaptation choice

michael shannon as the main character of course

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost