ENT Book crew: what are you reading?

Boomchrono

Dooda la dooda la doodaley doo
OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2021
I haven't read anything new in a long time, but I wanted to chime in...

There's a few books I've always liked.

Jim Butcher - The Dresden Files. About a wizard in today's time working for a detective agency.

Larry Correia - Monster Hunter International. Monsters and B-Movie stuff is real life stuff - this company keeps those monsters under control so your normal people don't know about it. Kind of like MIB but no aliens.

Both are pretty funny and there's lots of them by now.

NULL_bits

Feb 10, 2021
I need to get back into reading again, used to be really big into it. I did somewhat recently buy Folio Society's print of The Book of the New Sun (Wolfe). Maybe I'll dive into it tonight.

NULL_bits

Feb 10, 2021
A great classic. Incredibly strange.

It seems pretty interesting. I did read maybe the first 50-ish pages when I first got it and maybe it was just my mindset at the time, but I didn't know what in the ever loving fuck was going on at all, hah, but it was strangely fascinating at the same time.

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
I very rarely read fiction

But making an exception right now and reading The Road from Cormac McCarthy

About 1/3 of the way through, so a couple days left

MassMan

Aug 26, 2004
Somerville, MA
I think someone here recently mentioned the Hell Diver series. Quickly burning through those right now.

So far pretty entertained with the audiobooks. Love me some RC Bray

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
jZuEZD5.jpg

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
harrow the ninth is so good

i'm still on wheel of time, on book 9. i'll finish it this time, i swear. robert jordan's spanking fetish is so weird. feels like he wrote this series half-chub. why are there so many ceremonies involving nude women?

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
Reading The Stochastic Man by Robert Silverberg

It’s about a guy that’s a professional at predicting things based on trends and polls etc and gets himself in with a group that believes they have found a guy they can eventually make president. Then he meets someone that really sees the future

Haven’t been this into a book in a long time

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
Just finished The Line Becomes a River by Francisco Cantù. He was a Border Patrol agent for 5 years and this is a memoir of his experience before, during, and after.

Dunno if I can post POL stuff in here but this should be required reading for anyone who even wants to understand why a wall was such a stupid idea. Like not just immoral but actually deeply fucking DUMB.

Reactions: Dylith

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Finished Build by Tony Fadell. Pretty solid book for those in this field.

Reading "Facebook" by Steven Levy now. Pretty interesting so far and strays quite a bit from The Social Network though that's not too surprising.

Reactions: Menger

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
I’m burning through the stochastic man and think I might follow it up with a reread of more than human. I was fully engorged the first time I read it and it’s been a few years.

Has any sci-fi fan read Theodore sturgeon? I read the dreaming jewels after more than human and loved that book too. I think it’s his prose. Something about the way he writes you don’t get in a lot of scifi

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
I’m burning through the stochastic man and think I might follow it up with a reread of more than human. I was fully engorged the first time I read it and it’s been a few years.

Has any sci-fi fan read Theodore sturgeon? I read the dreaming jewels after more than human and loved that book too. I think it’s his prose. Something about the way he writes you don’t get in a lot of scifi
31CLh4B.jpg

Reactions: lowfat

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingdee