Book crew: what are you reading?

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
q7S1RQp.jpg
So good. :bowdown:

Wasn't sure if I was going to start Nona The Ninth but I think I'll continue on w/ Liveship Traders.

3dTxqPG.jpg

Gotcha38

OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
South Carolina
Just finished Locklands, and started Record of a Spaceborn Few. Locklands was an amazing ending to that series. I've enjoyed every Robert Jackson Bennett book so far.

55535618.jpg
32802595.jpg

Dylith

OT Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
I just started Mistborn about a week ago after reading all of the Stormlight Archive books. I started the first Stormlight just at random. So glad I did. Digging into a fan page looks like the next Stormlight book will be released sometime next fall.
He released a novella just the other week (Dawnbreaker).

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Just finished Locklands, and started Record of a Spaceborn Few. Locklands was an amazing ending to that series. I've enjoyed every Robert Jackson Bennett book so far.

55535618.jpg
32802595.jpg

i wanna read Locklands, Robert Jackson Bennett is quite dope. fuckin loved that Stairs trilogy.

Reactions: Gotcha38

memyselfandi

OT Supporter
Dec 18, 2008
America's Hat
Just finished this. Very good overview of the considerations that should be made regarding possible changes to the 1st amendment protections for falsehoods, especially on social media. Highly recommend.

51nmnncXRML._SX436_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

mistergin

Morale has improved but I find I miss the beatings
May 12, 2001
Mormons, AZ
Started book 5 of The Expanse series. Really into it :coold:

Just finished the final book. It's so damned good. The whole thing. :wtcd: I'm 100% at peace but I only wanted to chase being here instead of actually being here. GRRM was an abusive boyfriend and I just got loved hardcore by a new author :rofl:

Texting my old bae and asking if he up, so reading Fire & Blood now (it'll be different this time) :rofl: At least closed plot points are safe. Gonna take a minute to get over The Expanse though. Hope the novellas to come are good (1-2 more due I think) and they get picked up to finish the TV/Movie but if not, the book satisfies :bowdown:

Reactions: novo and Gotcha38

Frank White

Through thick and thin...
OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Dirty Jerz
Reading ‘We need to talk about Kevin’. Or slogging through I guess

Started ‘The Troop’ since it’s almost Halloween

Mighty

Rainbows, unicorns, and butterflies.
OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
I just started Mistborn about a week ago after reading all of the Stormlight Archive books. I started the first Stormlight just at random. So glad I did. Digging into a fan page looks like the next Stormlight book will be released sometime next fall.
I just started a reread of the Stormlight Archives because I couldn't find anything else that interested me. It's so good.

Reactions: Stylerod

Gotcha38

OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
South Carolina
The last Wayfarers book was great. I read a Jack Reacher palate cleanser and jumped into the Riyria Revelations series. I already read the foundation series he wrote as a prequel accidentally. I didn't realize it wasn't published first. But it's pretty cool to see how those legends worked out a few thousand years later.

51VMfY6D5zL.jpg

Reactions: lowfat

Gotcha38

OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
South Carolina
That is the first for the main series.

The prequels are 'The Riyria Chronicles' which can be read at any point as there are no major spoilers.
Thanks man! Thought I'd fucked it up again. I'm hoping I can get through these and the Chronicles before the end of the year.

novo

how's your dad?
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
Low Haight
Just finished the final book. It's so damned good. The whole thing. :wtcd: I'm 100% at peace but I only wanted to chase being here instead of actually being here. GRRM was an abusive boyfriend and I just got loved hardcore by a new author :rofl:

Texting my old bae and asking if he up, so reading Fire & Blood now (it'll be different this time) :rofl: At least closed plot points are safe. Gonna take a minute to get over The Expanse though. Hope the novellas to come are good (1-2 more due I think) and they get picked up to finish the TV/Movie but if not, the book satisfies :bowdown:
yeah i'm about halfway through book 8. soooo good

• Support
Reactions: mistergin

Thunderbear

Yggdrasil's Forester.
This was a hard series to get into, oddly, despite really liking urban fantasy. Took about 4 books before it really settled. Worldwise and mythology-wise, it's like a cross between Mercy Thompson and the Iron Druid, with native American shamanistic magic and Irish mythology mixed.

1666575934395.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld