Book crew: what are you reading?

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
ibbCYMA.jpg
This was such a massive improvement over the last book. Best Fitz book by a long shot so far.

Starting the next.
nIhtgwB.jpg

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
currently reading the masks of time by silverberg, i really like it and most of the silverberg books ive read but dude is a bit too horny

Axespeed

OT Supporter
Mar 9, 2005
This was such a massive improvement over the last book. Best Fitz book by a long shot so far.

Starting the next.

foolsfate.jpeg

Would you say that the Realm of the Elderlings series gets better with every trilogy? I've heard mixed things about the Farseer

Axespeed

OT Supporter
Mar 9, 2005
Currently reading:

51glJgVC1IL._AC_SY780_.jpg

I'm about a quarter way through, and it's still mostly world building. Kind of a slow start, but I keep hearing good things about this one.

• Cool
Reactions: Kafka and Wolf

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I am blowing through it (as far as reading goes it feels like cheating tho lol)

What should I get next?

if you haven't read any graphic novels my top 5 would probably be The Watchmen, The Invisibles, The Wicked + The Divine, The Sandman, and Planetary. Alan Moore has tons of great ones. Promethea, From Hell, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Providence, Top 10, etc. Warren Ellis too, Planetary is my favorite thing he's done (think the X-Files of superheroes that pulls in influences from all kinds of things like sci-fi B movies) but Transmetropolitan (Hunter S Thompson in the future) and The Authority (what it'd really be like if godlike superheroes existed) are all incredible. You can't really go wrong with Jeff Lemire or Kieron Gillen. Grant Morrison is my favorite but his works can be extremely bizarre. The Invisibles is my favorite but Doom Patrol, Flex Mentallo, The Filth, etc. are right up there. A good intro would be his 3 issue miniseries We3 about three genetically modified animals designed to be killing machines that escape from their lab that is just fucking incredible and short enough you could read it in just a few minutes.

Reactions: emanuel

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Would you say that the Realm of the Elderlings series gets better with every trilogy? I've heard mixed things about the Farseer

i'd put them all on similar levels. i like a good exploration in a ruined civilization type of story so Rain Wild Chronicles is probably my favorite. my single favorite book out of the bunch is Assassin's Quest from the first trilogy, one of the best quest type fantasy novels I've read. I'd put the first and fourth series down as the best, second in third, and the third and fifth down as just a hair worse than the other two for reasons like the final trilogy having a bit of a slow start. absolutely worth reading them all tho.

• Cool
Reactions: Axespeed

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
finished the masks of time, an interesting twist to time travel stories i havent come across in a while

i have like 8 time travel books on deck i want something else first :rofl:

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
finished the masks of time, an interesting twist to time travel stories i havent come across in a while

i have like 8 time travel books on deck i want something else first :rofl:

make sure Behold the Man by Michael Moorcock and The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers are two of the time travel books you read, they are fuckin awesome

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
whoever reads comic books, I just started The Nice House on the Lake by James Tynion IV and Alvaro Martinez Bueno and this book is fuckin amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6