ENT Boycott Dave Chappelle!!!

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
Don’t have 18 mins right now. Cliffs?

He signed a shitty contract with comedy central, he does not get shit for his show. They own it forever and he has no right to it at all. He understands he signed it they can do what they want but he doesn't think it's right and is asking everyone to not watch it so comedy central doesn't make any more money off him.x

I'm torn, while yes it's a shitty deal he still signed it and they are within their legal rights. Without that show he probably would not be as famous and rich as he is now, so while it may have sucked for him to sign that deal it did lead him to where he is today.

TimzSI

#KeepFightingMichael
Oct 3, 2001
Zenadu
He signed a shitty contract with comedy central, he does not get shit for his show. They own it forever and he has no right to it at all. He understands he signed it they can do what they want but he doesn't think it's right and is asking everyone to not watch it so comedy central doesn't make any more money off him.x

I'm torn, while yes it's a shitty deal he still signed it and they are within their legal rights. Without that show he probably would not be as famous and rich as he is now, so while it may have sucked for him to sign that deal it did lead him to where he is today.

Pretty funny request from a dude who spits in the face of the Trans communities attempt to cancel him lol

djnick

wannabe dj
OT Supporter
Aug 17, 2004
fresh coast.

the show is 20 years old now whatever income he lost from that the damage has already been done at this point

Reactions: AKing

Achance007

Oct 12, 2000
New Castle, DE
David Faustino never got any royalties either from married with children.

“We got really screwed over,” Faustino explained. “I mean, the show ‘Married With… Children’ was on for 11 years, and we all made really good money while we were doing it. We made great weekly pay checks, but residuals — we all got screwed over because Fox at the time was not a network, it was a cable network, and so it was under a cable contract. So the show ‘Married With… Children’ has made over a billion dollars, and we didn’t really get a piece of that. So that’s sort of the backbone of this story. That part is true.”

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
David Faustino never got any royalties either from married with children.

“We got really screwed over,” Faustino explained. “I mean, the show ‘Married With… Children’ was on for 11 years, and we all made really good money while we were doing it. We made great weekly pay checks, but residuals — we all got screwed over because Fox at the time was not a network, it was a cable network, and so it was under a cable contract. So the show ‘Married With… Children’ has made over a billion dollars, and we didn’t really get a piece of that. So that’s sort of the backbone of this story. That part is true.”

pretty common but this dude is talking about a show he created and put his name on not the one he was a 5th billed actor on

Reactions: phonics and Twinsen

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
the show is 20 years old now whatever income he lost from that the damage has already been done at this point

Netflix and hbomax picked it up. He asked netflix to stop streaming it because he felt it was wrong and they did. So now only hbomax has it.

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018

god you’re dumb

crazybenf

Nov 14, 2001
Central Florida

According this interview, he left because he didnt feel right about doing seasons 3 and 4.. and then was super pissed when they used unused clips to churn out season 3 without him.

They offered $50M for S03 and S04-- which sounds to me like they paid him for seasons 1 and 2 just fine. Is he talking about royalties on the streaming/syndicated views?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan