SPORTS BREAKING NEWS: Jones OFFICIALLY ducks Rashad

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
OK maybe not officially, but I really dont see how ANYONE can see this as anything other than ducking. From Malki Kawa's Twitter:

I guess its time to put out the truth. @Jonnybones suffered a tear in his thumb in 2 different spots... Every dr he saw said to have surgery
We went to meet with the surgeon on wed and after he looked at @Jonnybones he thought that surgery was a bit evasive and bones didn't have ... To have if he didn't want to. @Jonnybones decided against surgery, and we immediately met with dana and lorenzo the next day to get his next fight scheduled
For the record, every doctor @Jonnybones saw was a @ufc referred doctor. The very last one on the day before surgery thought against it...

No @Jonnybones is not fighting rashad. Rashad is fighting phil davis. I'll let you know who or when jon will fight real soon...by end of year.

TS
TS

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
Just so we're all clear, the injury was never even significant in the first place.
From his original statement:

(The torn tissue in my right hand in the area between my thumb and forefinger) is an injury that’s been recurring since I was a college wrestler, it doesn’t affect my punching or grappling, but I am taking the time and the proper measures to correct this now, so that it doesn’t happen again. I look forward to getting back to training and to my first title defense. As for Rashad, let’s see what happens with Phil Davis. I will be watching that fight with great interest.

TS
TS

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
And finally, in conclusion, does anyone else think that it's totally plausible that ALL of this Jones/Evans stuff is an act that was concocted at Jacksons as a way to uber-hype the fight?

phonics

No good sir, I'm on the level.
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2004
It makes sense to have all your injuries fixed when you become UFC champ

phonics

OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2004
lol dese niggas havin a twitter war

Jones claims Rashad called him a punk ass white boy

Rashad denies racism

:rofl: this is so gay
UFC just announced twitter bonuses :rofl:

this is just the beginning of this faggotry

TCMS

Sep 9, 2006
Chicago
Rashad is the punk in this situation. He should write a thank you card to Bones Jones as BJ will absolutely DESTROY Rashad.

Here's to Phil Davis ending any hype train for Rashad.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
Rashad is the punk in this situation. He should write a thank you card to Bones Jones as BJ will absolutely DESTROY Rashad.

15-1-1, one of the smallest guys in his division, and former champ. shut the fuck up with this hype train bullshit. the guy is a douche, but deserves to be hailed as one of the best active.

BobBarkersSoup

Mar 23, 2004

Jones destroying Evans is what my first reaction would be, but I'm kinda questioning it when I actually think about it.

Something about the way they interact, it's like they know something (significant) about the match-up we don't. As if Rashad was owning Jones during training sessions or something. Like I said, my first reaction is that Jones would dominate, but in actuality I think that it would be a damn good fight with a very real possibility of Rashad coming out on top. :dunno:

NUDES

May 19, 2007

There's no hype train. He's a solid fighter and poses a threat to anybody, even Jones.

Do I think he'd win? No. But shit, he'll put on a much better fight than Shogun did. Trust me on that.

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
There's no hype train. He's a solid fighter and poses a threat to anybody, even Jones.

Do I think he'd win? No. But shit, he'll put on a much better fight than Shogun did. Trust me on that.

I don't really care for the guy, but you're right. You can't really talk shit aboit a guy thats had Rascals career. Ex champ, beat some legends, he's pretty fucking solid.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street

While Rashad acts like a twat sometimes. he deserves better than this. when fighting is someone's livelihood, and they make it all the way up to a title shot, they shouldnt get it taken away because the champ and his manager are as wishy-washy as a politician. Fuck, look at shogun, didnt he have his appendix out right before the rematch with Machida? And Anderson has had knee sugeries twice now or something right before fights.

phonics

OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2004
Can we have machida vs davis, and jones vs rashad instead :x:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448