BRK —- AG Letitia James just filed a civil fraud lawsuit against Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, Ivanka Trump

DizzyEdge

Vax me Trudaddy
OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Calgary, AB
68b2e950ed18e33e1668eedd4d348fe0.jpg
Lol

Screenshot_20220921_200337.jpg

Mejnoon

May 6, 2000
Omaha, NE
Biden won Manhattan by 80+%

The problem is trying to explain advanced accounting/financial equations to a juror that still struggles to program their VCR
It’s not even advanced accounting though, just real estate valuation methodology which is pretty straightforward and intuitive. And Trump was totally egregious about this, his misstatements of value were exponential not marginal.

I saw some talking head yesterday say something like “he reported one value to his lender and a totally different value to the IRS, so did he lie to the IRS or did he lie to his lender??” Which is a stupid question because obviously he lied to both of them :rofl:

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
It’s not even advanced accounting though, just real estate valuation methodology which is pretty straightforward and intuitive. And Trump was totally egregious about this, his misstatements of value were exponential not marginal.

I saw some talking head yesterday say something like “he reported one value to his lender and a totally different value to the IRS, so did he lie to the IRS or did he lie to his lender??” Which is a stupid question because obviously he lied to both of them :rofl:
Get out of here with this bullshit partisan common sense

• Haha
Reactions: Mejnoon

thekinggovernor

President Joe Biden Vice President Kamala Harris
Aug 11, 2003
CAROFUCKINGLINAS

Intuitive to educated people not to the lowest common denominator - imagine trying to explain this chart to a 75 year old retired bricklayer. Jurors are not allowed to ask questions or seek clarification from prosecutors.

Mejnoon

May 6, 2000
Omaha, NE
Intuitive to educated people not to the lowest common denominator - imagine trying to explain this chart to a 75 year old retired bricklayer. Jurors are not allowed to ask questions or seek clarification from prosecutors.
I sat on a grand jury once that heard a mortgage fraud case. It comes down to how the jury is instructed and how the evidence is presented. Judges are good at narrowly tailoring jury instructions to clearly identify the questions of law the jury must decide, and prosecutors are masters at making the evidence accessible and relating specific criminality to common situations.

Read a few of the deceptive strategies described on that chart - they’re all pretty simple and easily relatable to things almost anyone can understand.

“Mr. Trump asserted full ownership and control of this asset on x disclosure; in reality he only owned a small percentage and he did not have the authority to sell it.”

“Mr. Trump entered in to an option agreement that granted a buyer the right to purchase this apartment at x price. Despite that agreement Mr. Trump asserted a value of 1.5x for the apartment, knowing full well that the option wouldn’t allow him to sell the property for any more than x.”

Reactions: Chirp08

Camaro3800

I show up once a year
Aug 14, 2000
So Cal
lol he based the valuation of his own apartment on 30,000sqft when it was more like 10-11k.

he's gotten away with lying about factual things is insane.

he valued units at trump park ave at 65x the appraised valuation

maralago should've been 75m and he valued it at 739m
He is insane. Just said a president can declassify documents by thinking about it :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WildenSowl