CAR Budget BOSS 302 alternative?

Slash

Jun 2, 2004
So... I've got about 2-3 years before I could afford something like the 2012 BOSS 302. However by then all of the 8K produced will be spoken for and gone. I'm trying to get as close to that sort of performance as possible by tweaking a 2013 5.0GT or similar.

I'm guessing the following.

1. 2013 GT Premium + Brembo Package + 3.73 gears
2. The BOSS suspension or something similar will be available via Ford Racing.
3. Somebody will make aftermarket tuning or cams or something that brings the 5.0 engine up to the 416WHP provided by the BOSS.
4. I'll have to invest in oil/trans coolers to make the car as reliable on the track as the boss.

Is this a decent strategy? Can anyone confirm #2, #3 or #4?

I'm hoping there is a similar track focused model during the 2014 refresh, but maybe the BOSS has come and gone :(

CJPA

Jan 14, 2002
AZ, USA
You can get headers/full exhaust and an aftermarket tune that will push the car to 415whp or higher--but to rev like the Boss you'll have to update the entire valvetrain. FRPP will sell the cylinder heads/cams/valves etc. Probably looking at $5k just for those parts though.

TriShield

Jul 6, 2001
Houston, TX
I'm not convinced the real thing is going to depreciate all that much either, especially if Ford only makes a few thousand for two years like they're planning.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor