building a new computer

Smahatma

OT Supporter
Dec 23, 2003
Gullyfornia
i was looking at this, it has front mesh, but the side where the cooler would be mounted would be facing glass. however, i see that there are tubes between the heatsink and the fans, i assume that allows for the fans to be mounted to another part of the case...?

i wouldn't want the air blowing out towards the front of the case, i want fans in the front to suck air in and push it through the case.

You would either top or front mount the AIO in that case

Reactions: TomDlgns
TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
ok this is what i'm doing....am i missing anything?

i already have the motherboard.

how many of these should i buy?

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
ok this is what i'm doing....am i missing anything?

i already have the motherboard.

how many of these should i buy?

the case you are getting seems to already come with huge front airflow fans, 2x160mm fans and a 140mm top exhaust. I wouldn't go with that case if your intent is to replace them with an AIO.

1674525342220.png

Either select a different case and go with a 280/360, or just go with an air cooler with that case.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
the case you are getting seems to already come with huge front airflow fans, 2x160mm fans and a 140mm top exhaust. I wouldn't go with that case if your intent is to replace them with an AIO.

View attachment 297559

Either select a different case and go with a 280/360, or just go with an air cooler with that case.

i didn't know if those fans (the ones i linked) were quieter.

the air cooler and that case will work, right? i would top mount the cooler.

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
could grab this one, swap the front included 3x120mms to (top 2x120mm exhaust, rear 1x120mm exhaust), and then place a 360mm aio up front.

don't need to buy fans.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004

View attachment 297559

if i get it from microcenter it only has two fans

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
i didn't know if those fans (the ones i linked) were quieter.

the air cooler and that case will work, right? i would top mount the cooler.
air tower cooler will work in that case, which says can support up to 180mm (which is pretty tall for an air cooler; most cases top out at 170mm)

or you could mount the AIO up top as exhaust. that would be better for GPU/mobo temps and worse for CPU temps though since you're using GPU exhaust air to cool the CPU instead of fresh air

Reactions: TomDlgns
TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
air tower cooler will work in that case, which says can support up to 180mm (which is pretty tall for an air cooler; most cases top out at 170mm)

or you could mount the AIO up top as exhaust. that would be better for GPU/mobo temps and worse for CPU temps though since you're using GPU exhaust air to cool the CPU instead of fresh air

good point, if i add a GPU i don't want that hot air getting sucked over the CPU out the top of the case.

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
yeah the one from amazon is about $70 less.
the one from amazon isn't the airflow one that i saw if you mean this one it has a solid front panel and i don't recommend

if you mean this one, it is decent too and has all the things you need but its a tad bit smaller

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
Not really much at all, it stays at turbo speed now under high usage and never throttles.
he's getting the 12700 though, which has 8 pcores. It's not clocked nearly as aggressively though as the 13th gen chips. and it's locked, so unless he changes PL it will throttle anyway over time regardless of temps

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
the one from amazon isn't the airflow one that i saw if you mean this one it has a solid front panel and i don't recommend

if you mean this one, it is decent too and has all the things you need but its a tad bit smaller

OT with the broken amazon links for those of us using ublock origin.

this is the one i was talking about switching to (ditching the expensive corsair)

i also had 1k tabs open and need to start closing some out.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda
TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
wait, i don't want RGB fans....

it has a RGB controller, can i just not use that or set it to one color and shut off if i don't want it...?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6