GUN Building from scratch. stripped lower

Boosted98gsx

Jul 27, 2002
Texas
The front take down pin detent is the hardest part.

Get some pliers, and some electrical tape. Wrap the "teeth" of the pliers with the tape so you don't scratch things up.

And yes, a stripped lower for $80 is a good deal, just depends on the manufacturing tolerances they were machined to, which for that price, will probably be pretty sloppy. Precision = money.

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
does the "why not spikes" question have to be asked in EVERY goddamn thread? They're a shit company who fucking jacked their prices up right before the election.

plus with a lower, you get what you pay for. Nobody on WMD believes it, so don't take our advice and just go buy your fucking $80 lower.

/thread

Poz_Dispenser

Oct 15, 2005
Beaumont, TX
I haven't noticed there prices to be anything high. If anything they have great deals on most of their stuff.

Sounds like forum-induced bandwagon hate.

kellyclan

She only loves you when she's drunk.
May 16, 2001
Don't buy Spike's.

Otherwise, it's easy to assemble a stripped lower. Shouldn't take more than 30-45min the first time follow directions. Once you know how to do it, it takes about 5min.

Poz_Dispenser

Oct 15, 2005
Beaumont, TX
Don't buy Spike's.

Otherwise, it's easy to assemble a stripped lower. Shouldn't take more than 30-45min the first time follow directions. Once you know how to do it, it takes about 5min.

More Spike's hate. Not trying to get in Spike's asshole but I'm just curious as to why all the hate...

kellyclan

She only loves you when she's drunk.
May 16, 2001
For the 5,000th time in this forum and the roughly 2.3 billionth time on Google;

Spike's Tactical doubled their prices when Obama got elected to try and cash in on people buying up lowers. And when they got called on it, they tried to say all the other retailers had done the same thing and they were "forced" to, when in fact, every other retailer who had anything in stock had not raised their prices significantly.

They claim their guns are to spec but don't provide documentation they actually met any specifications.

Poz_Dispenser

Oct 15, 2005
Beaumont, TX
:hsugh: you've gotta be kidding. not only did I post the answer in my FIRST post in this thread, but it's been posted in this forum 11ty fucking times, you dipshit

I don't frequent offtopic as much as I used to, so fuck you and eat shit.

Fucking elistist forum is what this place has turned into.

brb. going to order a spike's upper for $115.

KIDRR

Duck dog>*
Nov 1, 2004
North Mexico
It's super easy, I can't do much and I put mine together with no problems. There are a million online tutorials and vids to help you. Also you can get a pre put together lower like the LMT Defender that's top quality, buy a complete upper, put two pins together and you've "build" your first AR

TS
TS
Old Dirty Ahjushi

Old Dirty Ahjushi

(´-`).。oO(so, hungry)
OT Supporter
Sep 22, 2003
Northern VA
Lol thanks for answering my initial question. :rofl:

And i wow at arguments

I realized that $80 price seemed very low, and thats why i asked. Was not a specific brand hate/like question..

phoenixTX

Sep 10, 2004
Dallas and OKC
:bowrofl: you are one DUMB motherfucker
he isn't the one that said there's only one manufacturer of lower receivers and then proceeded to tell us we all don't know what we're talking about just because you're uninformed.

Mega, CMT, LMT, LAR, Sun Devil, Superior Arms, Olympic, and any other manufacturers will be upset to learn that they don't make their own shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448