Burger King Explains Net Neutrality v. conservatives furious

TS
TS
garbagemanlb

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2...-neutrality-repeal-in-whopper-commercial.html

Never hesitant to share their true feelings, Burger King has called out the Federal Communications Commission’s repeal of net neutrality in a new commercial, explaining the somewhat-confusing decision via Whoopers.

In a spot published to YouTube and shared across the fast food chain’s Facebook, Twitterand Instagram pages Wednesday, the fast food chain has rolled out a fictional spoof illustrating what would happen if the company repealed BK’s faux-equivalent of net neutrality with "Whopper neutrality.”

Customers grow increasingly outraged as they realize that their Whoppers will be prepared in accordance with how much they pay for “MBPS,” or “making burgers per second.” A Burger King staffer explains that “slow MBPS” costs $4.99, which “hyperfast MBPS” will produce their meal for $25.99.

“Are you kidding me? You paid $26 for a Whopper?" one disgruntled customer asks another, to which the cashier replies "He's higher priority, so...”

A company executive from Burger King confirmed that they are proud to make their first public stand for net neutrality.

TACO BELL DEBUTS $1 NACHO FRIES, CONFIRMS CUSTOMERS CAN ORDER THEM INSIDE BURRITOS, TACOS FOR EVEN LESS MONEY

“We believe the Internet should be like Burger King restaurants, a place that doesn’t prioritize and welcomes everyone,” Fernando Machado, Burger King’s global chief marketing officer said via press release. “That is why we created this experiment, to call attention to the potential effects of net neutrality.”

"This effort aims to help people understand how the repeal of Net Neutrality will impact their lives. The Burger King brand believes the Internet should be like the Whopper sandwich: the same for everyone,” BK further elaborates in the video description on YouTube.

The clip closes with Burger King's royal King mascot drinking out of an overized Reese's Peanut Butter Cup mug, just like the one that FCC chairman Ajit Pai has caught heat for using.

Reactions: Twinsen

Entomology

Resident Misandrist™
OT Supporter
May 22, 2014
"Never hesitant to share their true feelings, Burger King has called out the Federal Communications Commission’s repeal of net neutrality in a new commercial, explaining the somewhat-confusing decision via Whoopers."

What a weird way to open the article.

TS
TS
garbagemanlb

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon
I absolutely HATE it when publicly traded companies make political statements. Pisses off half their customer base (usually including me). And half the time, these things backfire among the liberals they are trying to impress. All-white Skittles, anyone?

Skyhawk

Banned
Nov 19, 2009
KRCK
I absolutely HATE it when publicly traded companies make political statements. Pisses off half their customer base (usually including me). And half the time, these things backfire among the liberals they are trying to impress. All-white Skittles, anyone?
Their customer base is literally dozens of people.

Do you or anyone you know eat at BK?

6Bojangles9

digital jello is my father
OT Supporter
May 17, 2004
I mean it's not ENTIRELY wrong, but it at least gives the uninformed users of the internets a general idea of what removing net neutrality COULD end up like.
its hyperbole to the maximum order and it ignores where a lot of the real problems lie, which is local government regulations that hurt the building of infrastructure. there are pros and cons to both arguments, we'd all be better off if the government got the fuck out of the way to build out more capable infrastructure.

Reactions: Twinsen

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kassile