Buy a house they said. it will be great they said.

Kafka

Virtue and Terror
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Is this a real thing? Islam prohibits debt?
Yeah it’s more nuanced than it sounds. Debt itself is not wrong, it’s the interest part that is controversial. Like it is definitely prohibited to CHARGE interest to someone (same in Christianity too actually).

It’s more complicated on whether (because there’s no other option) you are allowed to take out a loan and be CHARGED interest for some life necessity (like buying your house). There are Islamic financial institutions that offer alternative mortgages however, but they’re not that great in the US so scholars here are divided. But anything you can do to reduce the amount of interest you’re charged is for your benefit.

N8

The red eyes are just allergies.
Dec 27, 2001
Canada
Reactions: Buttons

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Is the line pressured all the time or just when someone...err.. flushes?

That's an easy fix except the awkward small space but it doesn't look like there is ant support for that pressure.. what is holding it in place?

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Also next time you fix that, put something around the fix to hold it.. They're a bit more delicate around a union and hammering effect can fuck em good..

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
its a effluent pump. the sewer main on our street is pressurized to get up and over a hill. so every house has a 100 gallon pit the house drops into. then that pump will grind and pressurize above 40-50psi to get it out into the city pressurized main.
Learning new stuff ereyday

michael

Your Brother *is* Christ
Dec 21, 2001
The ether

That's an easy fix except the awkward small space but it doesn't look like there is ant support for that pressure.. what is holding it in place?
There’s a check valve after the pump.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
There’s a check valve after the pump.
Well then .. still looks like it happened on a prior connection. Something has stressed it to do that..

I still think there is issues with how it's being supported for that to crack, pipes don't crack easy especially with schedule 40 which it looks to be.

michael

Your Brother *is* Christ
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
Well then .. still looks like it happened on a prior connection. Something has stressed it to do that..

I still think there is issues with how it's being supported for that to crack, pipes don't crack easy especially with schedule 40 which it looks to be.
where do you see broken pvc?

TS
TS
whatever

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

its got a check valve you can see in the pipe before the pitless adapter. there is also one beyond that on the ground side of the pitless. thats holding back alllll the city shit.

both times when mine failed the side yard filled with city shit.

DaZ

Jul 18, 2022
That sucks, this is why I would rather just rent. I don't have to deal with the bullshit when something breaks. I am also not financially stable to be able to afford to get shit fixed like in your situation. Hope everything works out for you. I would sell the house and get the fuck out of there but that's just me.

TS
TS
whatever

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
That sucks, this is why I would rather just rent. I don't have to deal with the bullshit when something breaks. I am also not financially stable to be able to afford to get shit fixed like in your situation. Hope everything works out for you. I would sell the house and get the fuck out of there but that's just me.

this one is my neighbors. its their first home after 30 years of renting.

he could have readily just called a plumber and been done with it.

Reactions: DaZ

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman