Buying furniture during covid sucks. LONG Wait... but it's over.

5SpeedSER

Jun 18, 2003
South Florida
Ordered new furniture for my living room this summer after getting a fat bonus and finding my shit was just, shit. Shopped around and i always end up liking west elm's stuff the best. Knowing their recent reviews, I braced my self for potential issues and long waits. Ordered a sofa, two chairs and a bunch of random shit. Just the seating was ~5700 msrp but I walked out at 3800 with discounts with a January 1st delivery date. Ok. but whatever.

Two months go by and I check my order for updates online. Come to find out my order was cancelled and I was never notified. Hmm, so I went to the store only to find out the vendor/manufacturer canceled it because they ran out of leather. WTF. So they setup a new order for everything (two months later) and my now my delivery was March!?! Fortunately they knocked off shipping, and added another sizable discount and upgraded me to higher end leather that is normally a $1k upgrade. Ended up now at $2680 for everything :cool:

Surprise this week, everything showed up early, and dispite West Elms spotty reputation online... the stuff is super nice and comfy and made it without issues. Now i just need to finish hanging new artwork and clean up a bit. :cool:

TLDR: dont buy from west elm and expect it to come quickly, they'll fuck up and your order will be cheap.

f4agvLv.jpg

gxQYNVP.jpg

TS
TS
5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER

Jun 18, 2003
South Florida
Those chairs don’t look real comfortable, a love seat might be better
surprisingly they're super duper comfy otherwise my plan was a loveseat (thats what i had before). They were reasonably cheap compared to the couch (~800) so if i hate them its not a big deal to replace

Babylon

i'm tired, i'm freezing, i'm dumb
Dec 27, 2007
It looks aesthetically pleasing but looks like it would not be comfortable to hang out on

Good job on the discounts tho

TS
TS
5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER

Jun 18, 2003
South Florida
It looks aesthetically pleasing but looks like it would not be comfortable to hang out on

Good job on the discounts tho
Its all surprisingly more comfortable than it looks - i felt the same way about the couch until i sat on it in person. Chairs are great.

west elm rocks for the discounts if you know how to play it. you can pretty much figure everything is 30-40 above the real cost on a normal day because they will be on sale sometime deeply discounted within the year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026