ART C&C on some post work...

ov3n

Aug 20, 2002
I kinda have a feel for what I wanted the ZR-1 shot to look like. Just a tinge of warmth with that "Chevy bronze" look all their shots from the 90's had.

Any tips on how you would have processed them? Are there too many reflections? I used a B&W CP and it cut down on some, but not all. Is the black paint black enough?

uniquecc1.jpg

uniquecc2.jpg

3 Razzle-dazzle Michael Bay Transformers shot
uniquecc3.jpg

uniquecc4.jpg

uniquecc5.jpg

uniquecc6.jpg

uniquecc7.jpg

uniquecc8.jpg

uniquecc9.jpg

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
#9 is the cleanest shot and I think is the best one (I'm not an auto photog guy at all but appreciate a clean shot and more importantly a ridiculous car). #5 - #8 seem like the same thing and don't do too much for me. I think a closer shot to emphasize the carbon brakes and massive calipers in a unique composition would've been sweet (I'm sure you have something like this).

As far as post...some of the auto guys I'm sure will chime in shortly.

TS
TS

ov3n

Aug 20, 2002
#9 is the cleanest shot and I think is the best one (I'm not an auto photog guy at all but appreciate a clean shot and more importantly a ridiculous car). #5 - #8 seem like the same thing and don't do too much for me. I think a closer shot to emphasize the carbon brakes and massive calipers in a unique composition would've been sweet (I'm sure you have something like this).

As far as post...some of the auto guys I'm sure will chime in shortly.

Thanks. 8 & 9 are my favorites so far. I have a better shot of the brakes but I'm in the reflection of the wheel so I'm not going to use it. 6 made up for it.

charles foster kane

Feb 14, 2007
Croatia
Shots are nice I guess

But since you asked...

Theres waaaay too much going on in the reflections. You've chosen a really clean background but for dark cars like this you need the whole environment to be clean. I can see why you might not want trees / random shit / bits of road in the background, and you've controlled the environment in that sense, but I can still see all that shit reflected in the paintwork.

TS
TS

ov3n

Aug 20, 2002
Yea. Unfortunately I only had 1hr to shoot the car before it got picked up. I don't know if he's going to want to drive the cars very far to get shots since he just cleaned them, but I can scout some "clean" local spots.

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
3 looks absolutely awesome

But some of them, like 2 and 7 are totally dominated by very sharp reflections of trees etc.. kinda ruins it :o

TS
TS

ov3n

Aug 20, 2002
Could have shot the other way and you would have had just that blank wall in the reflection

If you could manage the background that is :o

I have shots like that but they are worse. Old, broken fence, soccer field w/kids playing and trees.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor