ART C&C please v. rainbow pic

Smeghead

Oct 6, 2006
Klingonlandia
I dunno why, but I'm not too happy about these shots. Maybe it's too high ISO or something. I think it's kinda noisy.

Tell me what you think and point out what went wrong.

:(

20081110-IMG_4932.jpg

20081110-IMG_4936.jpg

1992 240SX

Jan 10, 2004
Long Beach, CA
Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Image Date: 2008:11:10 15:13:50
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 17.0mm
CCD Width: 5.22mm
Exposure Time: 0.067 s (1/15)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv: 200
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

Cant be the ISO, whatd you do in post? Original?

TS
TS
Smeghead

Smeghead

Oct 6, 2006
Klingonlandia
Maybe camera shake due too low shutter speed. I don think it was any lower than 1/15 or 1/20 though. Shouldn't be that bad.

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
you sure those are the originals? I swear i'm seeing some vertical banding, which makes me think that the real shots were unexposed, and when you or your raw converters auto settings tried to bring up the exposure, causing the noise in the sky...

The monitor i'm on isn't the greatest right now though, so it's harder to see than it would be on my good one.

but yeah, rainbow shows are never easy....

TS
TS
Smeghead

Smeghead

Oct 6, 2006
Klingonlandia
I like it, although I am sure it will look better if you mess with it on PS.
I messed around a lot with it in LR.

jared_IRL said:
you sure those are the originals? I swear i'm seeing some vertical banding, which makes me think that the real shots were unexposed, and when you or your raw converters auto settings tried to bring up the exposure, causing the noise in the sky...

The monitor i'm on isn't the greatest right now though, so it's harder to see than it would be on my good one.

but yeah, rainbow shows are never easy....
Yeah, these are the originals -> http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=107568533&postcount=5

Converted from RAW in LR without and adjustments.

Is this one noisy too? http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=107579717&postcount=8

EWhytsell

Jun 16, 2008
Pretty cool. I saw a rainbow the other day, but didn't have my camera:-( I wasn't feeling to good so I didn't take it to work with me. Ain't that how it always goes. This one was the brightest I've even seen too. The end where it seemed to touch the ground was so intense that it light the corn field in my direction with a very neat color. I was kicking myself for not having a camera around.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan