GUN Cabelas opened today (AZ Crew)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Gimik, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Gimik

Gimik New Member

So I decided to go to the Cabela's "soft opening" :)mamoru:). It was so amazingly crowded that the parking lot was full, and they were using the stadium parking lot for overflow.
    [​IMG]

Here's the line of cars heading into the parking lot
    [​IMG]

Here's the entrance
    [​IMG]

Place was actually not too bad once you got inside. I guess that means they designed it pretty well. The place is monstrously big - as big as a costco, but with 2 floors.
    [​IMG]

Pretty large gun selection, but it's in 2 parts and I have no idea why. There's a gun area, just like a regular store (but much bigger), and then there's a gun library with a bunch of guns behind glass and in cases.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They have regular hunting stuff, but they also have AKs (well, they had 2 of them - WASR standard and a folder) and ARs (bushmasters). They also sold big cans of bulk ammo (reloded and non). 500 .45 was $110. The reloaded stuff was actually more expensive.

The second floor has weird stuff like lamp shades and jewelry, but it also has the bargain bin which had a TON of archery stuff at pretty good prices, and a huge selection of boots. Also, there was the restaurant that serves wild game food (bison bratwurst, etc.), but it was so crowded, I couldn't even get near it.
    [​IMG]

I only ended up buying some black hills JHP .45 +p. Cool store though. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time there (it's about 1 mile from my house).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  2. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

Lastnight on the news I saw some hicks camping there overnight waiting for it to open . I think I'll go in a month or so once it slows down some.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: wish we had some stores like that around here, I doubt they'de stock AR's and WASR's here though if one opened :hs:

4. Gimik

Gimik New Member

oh, and the best part is that it wasn't marked-up all to hell like you see in big sporting goods stores. The standard WASR was $399 (marked up a little, but not too bad), and the folder was $429. They had a SW500 4" for $900ish too (which isn't too much higher than you'd find on the web if you factor in shipping + FFL).

I also got a VISA club card which gives me 2% of the money I spend at cabelas (1% outside) in "points" that I can use as money in cabelas. While I was there, a guy bought a $1300 gun safe on just points. And I guess there's other stuff club members get (specials sales, parties, etc.)

5. reman

reman New Member

is there a gun library?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edit: I read it in your post:) But its not online in their website yet.

6. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

There is one I think opening in Reno some time soon (hell may have already opened for all I know). I may have to go by and check it out since the gunshow is at the convention center up there. (Miwall .223 here i come)

7. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

there's one in Kansas City. It's been open a couple of years. It's about an hour away from me, but it's still pretty cool to visit every now an then. Pretty good deals on most things too.

The gun library is the more high brow guns, and the collector grade guns. the stuff on the floor is more your everyday gun.

8. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I don't think so. I think they're competing. I heard that Cabelas chose AZ because Bass Pro was opening a shop here as well - East side somewhere.

9. itchiban

itchiban New Member

I heard Bass Pro is gonna be in Tempe, near ASU.

Gimik, Did you see any Wolf .223 or 7.62x39 while you were there? I'm going shooting Saturday and need to find some. :hs:

10. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

There's a Bass Pro that opened up about a year ago on the other end of town. I have yet to set foot inside. I'm eagerly awaiting the Cabela's that's supposed to be opening soon, though. I just saw a flyer for Cabela's in the Sunday paper. They were advertising their Nebraska location but I figure they must just be trying to get people hyped.

11. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

fuck I want to go :mad:

12. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

You'd be one of the rednecks camping out in front

amirite? :mamoru:

13. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Closest pro shop to me is an hour and a half drive away. Went there once. Didnt really find any deals on any of the guns.

14. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Cabelas usually has pretty bad prices on guns (both new and used) unless there is a sale during which they tend to have excellent prices. Actually now that I think about it their prices on most things tend to suck, be it ammunition or a rod or reel.

15. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

rite u r knot

16. sleev

sleev It's sleep, life, and death It's speed, coke, and

REI flagship store is 10 mins from my house. I guess I'm much more into camping than killing shit that cant fight back.

17. sleev

sleev It's sleep, life, and death It's speed, coke, and

they just opened a bass pro here, sounds like the same idea with a restaraunt inside too. pretty popular but i have yet to go.

18. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I got news for you...they are ALWAYS fucking packed! Fun store to visit, but I buy most of my shit elsewhere :o

19. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I've been to a Cabelas and a Bass Pro. Big ass stores. I bought my Leupold scope at one a long time ago.

20. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

not during a weekday :dunno:

21. spankaveli

spankaveli Active Member

they're trying to get one open here about 15 minutes from me. i hope they do. :hs:

22. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I'm pretty sure I saw bulk wolf .308 and 39. Their ammo section is pretty huge. You could always give em a call.