California crew: We might be getting extra $600 stimulus

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
Is it actually only for less than 30k? Haven't seen the details

The Golden State Stimulus would refund $600 to all 2019 taxpayers who received a California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) in 2020, as well as to 2020 taxpayers with Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) who are eligible for and receive the CalEITC in 2021. Californians with annual incomes of $30,000 or less may be eligible for the CalEITC.

Reactions: Narc

Narc

Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
the comments in that post lol...

TIL Gavin created and unleashed COVID upon the masses
I'm still mad @ gavin, but not for the lockdown, but for backing down on the lockdown.

We were doing good until all those fuckers protested about not being able to go to the beach. Then like 3 days later everything was opening up again all quickly

TS
TS
Souppishdawg

Souppishdawg

Jun 21, 2013
San Diego, CA

The Golden State Stimulus would refund $600 to all 2019 taxpayers who received a California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) in 2020, as well as to 2020 taxpayers with Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) who are eligible for and receive the CalEITC in 2021. Californians with annual incomes of $30,000 or less may be eligible for the CalEITC.
I suppose it's still better than nothing. I figured it would be pretty hard to have a statewide stimulus for income under 75k. That, and the relief for small businesses is something I haven't really seen other states step up to do.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda
TS
TS
Souppishdawg

Souppishdawg

Jun 21, 2013
San Diego, CA
I'm still mad @ gavin, but not for the lockdown, but for backing down on the lockdown.

We were doing good until all those fuckers protested about not being able to go to the beach. Then like 3 days later everything was opening up again all quickly
Yeah I feel you on that. Surprisingly CA is only like #39 in the US in COVID deaths. Could've been even lower :hs:

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
the comments in that post lol...

TIL Gavin created and unleashed COVID upon the masses

Newsom is on the path to Hillary-levels of hatred and it's super strange to watch. You'd think he single-handedly banned all guns, opened our border, and watched voyeuristically as illegal immigrants raped and murdered the wives of every single person in this state. Absolutely insane.

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Newsom is on the path to Hillary-levels of hatred and it's super strange to watch. You'd think he single-handedly banned all guns, opened our border, and watched voyeuristically as illegal immigrants raped and murdered the wives of every single person in this state. Absolutely insane.

I never really liked him but it seems he started off trying to do the right thing, then buckled a bit, stepped in some shit (went out to eat) and is paying for it since.

Reactions: Souppishdawg

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
I never really liked him but it seems he started off trying to do the right thing, then buckled a bit, stepped in some shit (went out to eat) and is paying for it since

Going out to eat was fine since it was outdoor dining. Apparently the party he was with got too loud and the idiots at French Laundry closed the giant doors and essentially turned it into indoor dining.

Idiots in CA blew it way out of proportion because whiny CA cunts are a special breed.

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
Yeah I feel you on that. Surprisingly CA is only like #39 in the US in COVID deaths. Could've been even lower :hs:

Things were going well at least in OC, until the moment the weather cooled off. This is being driven by high-density living and people gathering in homes, not people 10' apart on the beach where there's an endless breeze to dilute the virus.

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
Can't for the life of me think how some level of fuck-ups is worse than following a man who blatantly tried to overthrow the government, though. That's a hard pill to swallow.

TS
TS
Souppishdawg

Souppishdawg

Jun 21, 2013
San Diego, CA
Things were going well at least in OC, until the moment the weather cooled off. This is being driven by high-density living and people gathering in homes, not people 10' apart on the beach where there's an endless breeze to dilute the virus.
Restaurants have been the biggest things people have been on Newsoms ass about, and they're also the second highest source of public outbreaks in SD besides nursing homes.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California

My theory: the new coronavirus variants that the UK found were either here already (pre-holidays) or actually originated here (in the US) and have been spreading like crazy in socal for a while now. Outdoor/indoor dining where people were "six feet" apart with their masks off for extended periods of time, combined with restaurants thinking it was ok to put 3-4 walls around the outdoor dining essentially turning them into indoor dining, significantly contributed to the spread. Sprinkle in two holiday gatherings and here we are.

My proof: nothing because it's all conjecture. They found the new strains here, so at least that part of it is definitely true :rofl:

My in-laws' neighbor went down to LA just before Christmas, ate outdoors with a friend for 45 minutes, came back up to the Bay Area and his friend called him and told him he was sick and tested positive, a few days later he gets sick and tests positive as well. Outdoor dining is not as safe as people think.

Last edited:

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
Restaurants have been the biggest things people have been on Newsoms ass about, and they're also the second highest source of public outbreaks in SD besides nursing homes.

Indoor or outdoor? I agree with indoor dining being a super high risk. I don't believe TRUE outdoor dining is a high risk, maybe only moderate. I do not consider 3-4 sided tents with people's chair backs almost touching when occupied to be true outdoor dining. I also don't like how the state has been jerking restaurants around, getting them to spend thousands of dollars, then pulling he rug out from under them.

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
My theory: the new coronavirus variants that the UK found were either here already or actually originated here and have been spreading like crazy in socal for a while now. Outdoor/indoor dining where people were "six feet" apart with their masks off for extended periods of time, combined with restaurants thinking it was ok to put 3-4 walls around the outdoor dining essentially turning them into indoor dining, significantly contributed to the spread. Sprinkle in two holiday gatherings and here we are.

My proof: nothing because it's all conjecture.

I get mad whenever I see "outdoor dining". There's this little taco joint in a strip mall with an "outdoor" dining. It's literally just an enclosed tent that takes up 6 parking spaces. This is worse than if they just ate inside.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
I get mad whenever I see "outdoor dining". There's this little taco joint in a strip mall with an "outdoor" dining. It's literally just an enclosed tent that takes up 6 parking spaces. This is worse than if they just ate inside.

Check out my edit about my in-laws' neighbor that contracted coronavirus from someone after outdoor dining with them for 45 minutes.

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
I get mad whenever I see "outdoor dining". There's this little taco joint in a strip mall with an "outdoor" dining. It's literally just en enclosed tent that takes up 6 parking spaces. This is worse than if they just ate inside.

At least indoors they have some forced air circulation and filtration. The air must get pretty stagnant with 4 tent walls up. The state needs to get that shit into compliance instead of shutting everyone down.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman