SPORTS Calling the BJJ Helpline...

rtzcom

bon wons! fight slepa for life sone!~
Jan 14, 2005
CT
So masters of the mat, how do you deal with guys who just love to grab both your hands with a vise like grip and controlling you like a fucking puppet...while he's mounted you?

Hillary

fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill
Dec 12, 2007
Arkansaw
Elbows in. He's gonna have to let go of one eventually. When he does, move and move fucking fast.

TS
TS
rtzcom

rtzcom

Jan 14, 2005
CT
Rolled with some beast of a kid who just wanted to power his way into submissions.

So if I can't break grips, I do elbows in and wait for him to let go?

Hillary

fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill
Dec 12, 2007
Arkansaw
Rolled with some beast of a kid who just wanted to power his way into submissions.

So if I can't break grips, I do elbows in and wait for him to let go?
Usually what I have to do with big guys. If they catch you (which try not to let them), wait for them to give you the space. With your technique right now you're not gonna keep a big guy running. When they give you an inch, take a mile, and never stop moving. Don't let them get you caught resting.

Hoodoo

Jan 13, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Why not avoid it completely. I'm sure you all do things differently but we've got it drilled into our heads to get your hands into your collar and get to your side, then work escapes when mounted.

TS
TS
rtzcom

rtzcom

Jan 14, 2005
CT
Why not avoid it completely. I'm sure you all do things differently but we've got it drilled into our heads to get your hands into your collar and get to your side, then work escapes when mounted.

Rolled no gi

theres no submissions from there.. they have to let go of a wrist eventually.

I'm keeping this in mind

Tickle their grundle vigorously.

Didn't want the guy to do it back at me....I didn't have a cup on :noes:

Savage5point0

Im an asshole.
Nov 3, 2001
The Bay, California
If youre getting mounted and both wrists pinned to the mat like youre some prom night rape victim im pretty sure something went wrong a few steps earlier. Might be one of those problems you should solve by not getting there. Most likely you should be working your mount escapes earlier.

Maestro Nobones

Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (MotoQ: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

if they pin my arms to the mat 3rd grade recess style I slide my wrists along the mat to my hips as I bump and roll. but nobody does that to me because thats lame lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec