Can gmail break? question and rant

Redsand187

OT Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
WA
I've had my one real gmail address that is my name for many years. I still get emails on the daily, instantly when expected, test messages go through without a hitch from my multiple email addresses and services I use. However, there have been multiple "professional," people, companies, and associations I've contacted through this email address and I never hear anything. I fucking hunted down one and asked them WTFMATE and they were like, "Oh, we've been responding, check your spam folder. Give me a call" There is never anything in the spam folder, and they act like it's so strange but don't do anything about it.

I even gave those fuckfaces alternate methods of contact and told them about checking with their IT peeps about SMTP settings, because I did once have an issue where my website's form wasn't making it to the inbox of the address set up for incoming messages and I had to troubleshoot SMTP issues. They don't respond to other addresses. I even CC'd 4 different addresses from 4 different services and told them to reply all and no response. So I tend to believe that it's people just ghosting more than anything. Some of these fuckfaces are like, IDK give me a call when I'm asking them to send me documents. (Maybe I'm missing out on some new technology that allows you to send me a document during phone call :ugh:)

For example, I was trying to get a copy of the certificate from a trade association, it took over 2 months of messages into the abyss and going through an intermediary to actually get that certificate.

Is this the new normal, or am I doing something wrong?

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
idk if this has any relevancy but there was apparently some issue on google/gmail's side a few weeks ago that was corrected - we weren't able to send broadcast emails to any gmail addresses and they kept being automatically suppressed

or maybe your shit's just all fucked up

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
The only problem I have ever had with Gmail is that it seems like their spam filter started sucking ass recently, because a ton of garbage bs is ending up in my inbox.

TopTuna

OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2010
Arizona
It sounds like the problem is on their end. Either their e-mail is messed up or the person is just an idiot.

TS
TS
Redsand187

Redsand187

OT Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
WA
Real response: Most corporations will have e-mail protection / filtering and your e-mails could be marked as spam and never reach them.

Are they coming from "[email protected]" or do you have a domain attached to a paid g-mail account so they come from "[email protected]"?
[email protected] is what I'm having issues with currently. I have trouble believing that gmail isn't working, but I've had no responses from multiple different completely unrelated places. It's like people can't falsely claim they are so busy during covid times, so now they are just pretending that google doesn't work.

When I had the SMTP issue it was [email protected] hosted by gsuite.

TS
TS
Redsand187

Redsand187

OT Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
WA
It sounds like the problem is on their end. Either their e-mail is messed up or the person is just an idiot.
But it's multiple people/businesses that aren't related at all. I figure using an @gmail.com address should be the most foolproof way to ensure it's not an issue on my side rather than using an address @mydomain.com

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
[email protected] is what I'm having issues with currently. I have trouble believing that gmail isn't working, but I've had no responses from multiple different completely unrelated places. It's like people can't falsely claim they are so busy during covid times, so now they are just pretending that google doesn't work.

When I had the SMTP issue it was [email protected] hosted by gsuite.

For the place I just did security for most e-mail from gmail.com bound for people inside the company was usually classified as bulk / spam and never reached their inbox.

I pay for gmail and have my own domain associated to it so I experienced some of what you're experiencing when the account was brand new and the domain was newly registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thetongue