FIT Can someone point me in the right direction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thahamer

Apr 29, 2005
Long Island
I am here not to be spoonfed answers, but to be pointed in the direction of information for my situation.

I have ~2 months to pretty much overhaul my entire lifestyle. During the Middle of january I am going to Central America on a trip which will be very hiking intensive(hiking volcanoes).

I am in the worst shape of my life and have done very little physical activity up to this point. I signed up for a gym membership today and will be spending the next two months in preperation.

If anyone can point me in the direction of good posts/informational tutorials and with general knowledge/help it would be very beneficial.

Perkwunos

Dog Bones
OT Supporter
Aug 24, 2004
Abu Dhabi, UAE
STICKIES first, but let me sumarize..

Stop eating like a total fucking idiot, and start exercising....

Sounds really fucking complicated eh?

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
I am here not to be spoonfed answers, but to be pointed in the direction of information for my situation.

I have ~2 months to pretty much overhaul my entire lifestyle. During the Middle of january I am going to Central America on a trip which will be very hiking intensive(hiking volcanoes).

I am in the worst shape of my life and have done very little physical activity up to this point. I signed up for a gym membership today and will be spending the next two months in preperation.

If anyone can point me in the direction of good posts/informational tutorials and with general knowledge/help it would be very beneficial.

but really that's funny and awesome that you finally have to get in shape just because of geology. Fucking time to dig yourself out from the books and hit the iron (Fe)

jmezz

layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours
Nov 26, 2004
but really that's funny and awesome that you finally have to get in shape just because of geology. Fucking time to dig yourself out from the books and hit the iron (Fe)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TS
TS
thahamer

thahamer

Apr 29, 2005
Long Island
Ive been reading the stickies.. and the archives. It is a lot of information though and was hoping that maybe someone could point me to the better posts in reference to my situation(wanting to get in shape.. not bodybuild)

Ricer

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2004
Training like a bodybuilder and doing cardio will get you in amazing shape..

Perkwunos

Dog Bones
OT Supporter
Aug 24, 2004
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Ive been reading the stickies.. and the archives. It is a lot of information though and was hoping that maybe someone could point me to the better posts in reference to my situation(wanting to get in shape.. not bodybuild)
You are missing the point entirely, it does not make a shit what you do, Cardio + routine, the routine does not matter, so many people act like OMG, bodybuilder routine, it wont help me, or OMG powerlifter routine, i wont gain size, or assholes like yourself, y hallo I need get in shape routine. It's all the same, just do something.

TS
TS
thahamer

thahamer

Apr 29, 2005
Long Island

I needed to do it for a long time, but this is the first time Ive had a real goal i could set in the future to work toward. It sucks that this is what it takes, but at the same time I needed it

Fattiefalldown

t(-.-t)
May 3, 2006
Portland, Me.
I needed to do it for a long time, but this is the first time Ive had a real goal i could set in the future to work toward. It sucks that this is what it takes, but at the same time I needed it

What's the scale of your trip? Will you be hiking long days or days on end? Any idea the elevation differences you're going to be hitting?
Either way, you are definetely going to want to hit the cardio. I can't say I've hiked volcanoes, but I've done a lot of hiking, and I think a good mix of moderate-high intensity cardio will take care of a lot of your worries. You're also going to want to be stronger all around, especially in the legs and in the back.
Give us better info about the trip and we can give you some better answers.

Oh, and check out the Great Outdoors subforum. Maybe you'll find some more info in there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448