GAME Can we get a legit Nintendo Switch thread?

jsilas

OT Supporter
Sep 9, 2006
PNW
Ori & The Will of the Wisps is now available on Switch! Ori is one of my all-time favorite platform games and I'm fucking pumped that it's on the Switch now!

3D All Stars is downloaded and ready for launch - can't wait to play some old favorites as well.

Nintendo killin' the game right now.

CorbinMonoxide

OT Supporter
Dec 3, 2010
Orange County
Ori & The Will of the Wisps is now available on Switch! Ori is one of my all-time favorite platform games and I'm fucking pumped that it's on the Switch now!

3D All Stars is downloaded and ready for launch - can't wait to play some old favorites as well.

Nintendo killin' the game right now.
Ori is a great game but man I'd recommend playing it on PC/something more powerful if it's available to you. That's a game where the visuals are out of the park

jsilas

OT Supporter
Sep 9, 2006
PNW
Ori is a great game but man I'd recommend playing it on PC/something more powerful if it's available to you. That's a game where the visuals are out of the park
I feel you, but I'm living in a temporary 200sqft space while our new (to us) home is undergoing a full renovation. All my TVs/consoles are in storage; I only have my old ass 2010 MBP and my Switch. This has been my situation since late April, so I'm just glad to be able to finally play the game!

Been loving all the Mario reboots though. Marios 1-3 remixed have been fun to play through, and after finishing those I went ahead and finished Mario Maker 2, then moved on to U Deluxe. Was going to work on finishing that, but saw the Ori announcement this morning, so Mario is getting set to the side for a little while. Of course 3D All Stars is coming tomorrow so we'll see how it plays out.... for a casual gamer, I've got a lot of games piled up that I want to play.

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
I left my Lite with a dead battery for a few weeks because I was busy and now the battery meter is all kinds of fucked up. It will drop from 100 to 1 in like 45 minutes and work fine at 1% for hours.

CorbinMonoxide

OT Supporter
Dec 3, 2010
Orange County
I feel you, but I'm living in a temporary 200sqft space while our new (to us) home is undergoing a full renovation. All my TVs/consoles are in storage; I only have my old ass 2010 MBP and my Switch. This has been my situation since late April, so I'm just glad to be able to finally play the game!

Been loving all the Mario reboots though. Marios 1-3 remixed have been fun to play through, and after finishing those I went ahead and finished Mario Maker 2, then moved on to U Deluxe. Was going to work on finishing that, but saw the Ori announcement this morning, so Mario is getting set to the side for a little while. Of course 3D All Stars is coming tomorrow so we'll see how it plays out.... for a casual gamer, I've got a lot of games piled up that I want to play.
That makes sense. I'm excited for all stars tomorrow. I haven't played sm64 and sunshine since they released. And i never 100% either, and definitely don't remember crap about sunshine. I just remember thinking it was a tough one

jsilas

OT Supporter
Sep 9, 2006
PNW
Physical cartridge.
Since it's a cartridge, I assume you're able to actually play early? I have the digital download and it's on my Switch but I can't play until its official release date. This question is probably dumb but I've done 100% digital for my games and I honestly don't know how it works with early-released cartridges. I assume it'll work immediately.

antiabercrombie

OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
DFW, Texas
Since it's a cartridge, I assume you're able to actually play early? I have the digital download and it's on my Switch but I can't play until its official release date. This question is probably dumb but I've done 100% digital for my games and I honestly don't know how it works with early-released cartridges. I assume it'll work immediately.

I was just going to say, "Yeah, it'll work," but I didn't know 100% that would be the case. I put it in and it works. There's a small update available, which I did, then it boots up and plays fine. It doesn't look like you can redeem the gold points for the physical cartridge until tomorrow, though.

sm3das_2c.jpg

Reactions: jsilas

FDT

no custer shit
OT Supporter
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
Finally got home from work :o

Now I gotta figure out which all stars game to play :hyper:

Redbeard

OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Nowhere
I need some help hacker bros. What are some things I should look out for when buying a first gen to load Homebrew on it? If it runs and has the right serial number it’s safe to buy?

FDT

no custer shit
OT Supporter
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
I need some help hacker bros. What are some things I should look out for when buying a first gen to load Homebrew on it? If it runs and has the right serial number it’s safe to buy?
Idk but I have a launch console that hasn't been fucked with I could sell you :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19