GAME Can we get a legit Nintendo Switch thread?

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
beat Pokemon Let's Go: Pikachu last week, at least defeated the elite four and then lvled my guys up to about 70 in the crenulen cave thing. the game was pretty fun and the first time I've ever played a pokemon game, chill, and the "catch" mechanic is simple but enjoyable

Reactions: GRattu

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I need BotW 2 in my veins

Might retry DK: Tropical Freeze in the meantime. Got stuck on a boss a couple years ago but since then I've beaten Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 so maybe it'll seem easier now

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
beat Pokemon Let's Go: Pikachu last week, at least defeated the elite four and then lvled my guys up to about 70 in the crenulen cave thing. the game was pretty fun and the first time I've ever played a pokemon game, chill, and the "catch" mechanic is simple but enjoyable
I liked it a lot more than Sword and Shield

Reactions: smell my finger

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
why's that?
Mostly nostalgia I think. I liked the quality of life updates they did for Lets Go, they kind of went backwards on some of it in Sword and Shield. Like going back to random battles and Pokemon only being on the screen in the wild area.

Babylon

i'm tired, i'm freezing, i'm dumb
Dec 27, 2007
has anyone had any success with any third party switch docks? pretty nuts nintendo is charging 60 for the dock and 30 for a power adapter

would love to have one or two more around the house

OEM Dock for 20 right now until 4 pm, better order one if ya need it

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
the Pickmin 3 demo was fun (never played any Pickmin games) but it seems a little basic/simple for a $60 game. Does it open up more after a while, or is it a just a cute, casual game?

Sean6293

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Newburgh, NY
i'm thinking of getting my kid a switch for either his birthday (12/10) or christmas. good idea?

our Wii just died lol. he likes mario party and side scrolling mario games mostly. (he'll be 6)

Drifter

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Mar 6, 2000
Canada
i'm thinking of getting my kid a switch for either his birthday (12/10) or christmas. good idea?

our Wii just died lol. he likes mario party and side scrolling mario games mostly. (he'll be 6)

Yeah dude, Switch Lite would be perfect.

Sean6293

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Newburgh, NY
If you wanna play with him then get a regular one :dunno: I was just thinking of how much easier to hold the Lite would be for him.
TBH i've never held either a lite or regular nintendo switch.

However, he loved us playing New SMB together on the Wii so i think a single player handheld wouldn't be as much fun overall :dunno:

Pogi

Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0
Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town

Get a regular switch, not the light. Each of my kids have their own Switch and love it.

Drifter

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Mar 6, 2000
Canada
TBH i've never held either a lite or regular nintendo switch.

However, he loved us playing New SMB together on the Wii so i think a single player handheld wouldn't be as much fun overall :dunno:

You don’t necessarily have to use the regular Switch in handheld mode. It might be too heavy for him. Just leave it docked and put the remotes into that pod thingy that turns it into a regular controller. I’ve personally never used mine on my TV but I’m sure it works fine.

Pogi

Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0
Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
You don’t necessarily have to use the regular Switch in handheld mode. It might be too heavy for him. Just leave it docked and put the remotes into that pod thingy that turns it into a regular controller. I’ve personally never used mine on my TV but I’m sure it works fine.

You should check it out on your TV using the Dock, if I'm not mistaken the console is more powerful that way.

Edit: here is a link: https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news...run-faster-when-docked-to-tv-says-new-report/

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec