GAME Can we get a legit Nintendo Switch thread?

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
traded in my V1 switch a couple weeks ago to GameStop for $260 especially the battery was shot

But I'm still waiting for Gamestop to get a blue/red OLED in stock :mad:

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
Picked up a V1 Switch, Mario Kart 8, and Zelda for the kids for XMAS. I was my daughters age (5y/o) when I got my first Nintendo, the NES, and fell in love with games. Really looking forward to seeing that same reaction from her :big grin:
My son started playing MK8 and Zelda about that age. He still plays Zelda all the time.

Reactions: jonesn

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
why does it matter so much to you?

you can always buy the colors you want and keep the other as backup.
or you can buy some shells and swap them yourself.
Fuck I didnt think about that, I guess I could GAHTDAMN they are expensive, $80 for the 2 pieces and you have to buy the plastic center piece separately on top of that? Fuck :rofl:

I'll wait for the blue and red one lol

• Haha
Reactions: Carne Seca

Carne Seca

Oaxaca Flocka Flame
OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2010
Xan Diego
Fuck I didnt think about that, I guess I could GAHTDAMN they are expensive, $80 for the 2 pieces and you have to buy the plastic center piece separately on top of that? Fuck :rofl:

I'll wait for the blue and red one lol

yeah $80 is fucking nuts.

i bought a v1 switch on offerup, so i got some new joycons. i kept the old ones for backup/second player.

there are some cool mods out there also. dont let the color of the joycons keep you from gaming lol.

BLUE-Clear-Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Con-Controller-MOD.jpg

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
yeah $80 is fucking nuts.

i bought a v1 switch on offerup, so i got some new joycons. i kept the old ones for backup/second player.

there are some cool mods out there also. dont let the color of the joycons keep you from gaming lol.

BLUE-Clear-Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Con-Controller-MOD.jpg
I never ever ever played my Switch in the first place, so its not stopping me at all lol

Im at least hoping to get one by the end of December for a few plane trips I have though. I got the Switch as a gift and the battery was fucking shot in it. So getting $260 in trade in towards an OLED on a dead battery v1 sounded good to me

Reactions: Carne Seca

Carne Seca

Oaxaca Flocka Flame
OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2010
Xan Diego
I never ever ever played my Switch in the first place, so its not stopping me at all lol

Im at least hoping to get one by the end of December for a few plane trips I have though. I got the Switch as a gift and the battery was fucking shot in it. So getting $260 in trade in towards an OLED on a dead battery v1 sounded good to me

v1 was hackable, swapping a new battery isnt hard.

but if you never played it then it doesnt matter :dunno:

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
v1 was hackable, swapping a new battery isnt hard.

but if you never played it then it doesnt matter :dunno:
ya afterwards I realized it was probably a V1 that I could have hacked or whatever. Didnt know about a new battery and had an hour to find everything and trade it in to get the full $260

alex

RIP OT Yard Sale
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Orange County, NY
ATTN Console People: please help.

Getting a Switch for my kid for Christmas. I do not intend to play handheld at all. It will be docked and used on the TV 99%+ of the time (he doesn’t even have a tablet, so no handheld use). Like if there was an opposite version of the Lite that had no screen and could ONLY by used on the TV, I’d buy that version for sure.

So I know the answer is going to be “no”, but should I be hunting for the OLED or just get a regular one? I only ask because I know the teardown included some extra chips inside and it just feels “wrong” buying a 5 year old console at full price. I want to try and maybe futureproof my purchase… But they didn’t change any hardware on this other than the screen? Or did I miss something?

Also I know I can’t get the “Lite”, but is there a specific “edition” I should be looking for? We will be playing Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey and Super Mario Maker 2.

Carne Seca

Oaxaca Flocka Flame
OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2010
Xan Diego
ATTN Console People: please help.

Getting a Switch for my kid for Christmas. I do not intend to play handheld at all. It will be docked and used on the TV 99%+ of the time (he doesn’t even have a tablet, so no handheld use).

So I know the answer is going to be “no”, but should I be hunting for the OLED or just get a regular one? I only ask because I know the teardown included some extra chips inside and it just feels “wrong” buying a 5 year old console at full price. I want to try and maybe futureproof my purchase… But they didn’t change any hardware on this other than the screen? Or did I miss something?

Also I know I can’t get the “Lite”, but is there a specific “edition” I should be looking for? We will be playing Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey and Super Mario Maker 2.

if it wont be handheld, you dont need the oled. only real upgrade is the screen.

but the new dock is spoda be future ready for 4k. so if you have a decent tv you might want the oled for the dock.
the new dock could also be available separately, but it isnt right now.

if you find a v1 you can mod it and play old games through retroarch, or pirate switch games.

Reactions: alex

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor