GAME Can we get a legit Nintendo Switch thread?

alex

RIP OT Yard Sale
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Orange County, NY
if it wont be handheld, you dont need the oled. only real upgrade is the screen.

but the new dock is spoda be future ready for 4k. so if you have a decent tv you might want the oled for the dock.
the new dock could also be available separately, but it isnt right now.

if you find a v1 you can mod it and play old games through retroarch, or pirate switch games.
thanks! this is actually very interesting... i still have my original Wii and it's chipped with a hard drive full of games. i'm wondering how hard it'll be to find a v1 though.

how does that work with online enabled games like Super Mario Maker 2? I'd be willing to buy a retail legit copy of that game, but could I say, bootleg some shitty game like "Paw Patrol" that my kid will play for 5 minutes and then discard?

additionally, i have $379 in gamestop store credit to use up... but obviously I couldn't find a v1 at a gamestop unless maybe i hit the jackpot and find a used one?

Carne Seca

Oaxaca Flocka Flame
OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2010
Xan Diego
thanks! this is actually very interesting... i still have my original Wii and it's chipped with a hard drive full of games. i'm wondering how hard it'll be to find a v1 though.

how does that work with online enabled games like Super Mario Maker 2? I'd be willing to buy a retail legit copy of that game, but could I say, bootleg some shitty game like "Paw Patrol" that my kid will play for 5 minutes and then discard?

additionally, i have $379 in gamestop store credit to use up... but obviously I couldn't find a v1 at a gamestop unless maybe i hit the jackpot and find a used one?

You make a back up of your switch because once you mod it you can’t go online, your console will get bant. People have ways of swapping back and forth between custom firmware and legit firmware, but I don’t want to chance it.

You can always factory reset or go back to legit firmware whenever. You will just have to do the mod steps again.

If you will be online playing with friends often then you probably don’t want to bother with it. I just figured if it was for a younger kid you could load it up with games and retro games and shit. But if they game online then it would become a pain in the ass.

I bought a v1 on OfferUp for $240. Some people try to sell just the v1 switch alone for $300. I had to look around a little to find one with the dock and everything.

Reactions: alex

alex

RIP OT Yard Sale
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Orange County, NY
You make a back up of your switch because once you mod it you can’t go online, your console will get bant. People have ways of swapping back and forth between custom firmware and legit firmware, but I don’t want to chance it.

You can always factory reset or go back to legit firmware whenever. You will just have to do the mod steps again.

If you will be online playing with friends often then you probably don’t want to bother with it. I just figured if it was for a younger kid you could load it up with games and retro games and shit. But if they game online then it would become a pain in the ass.

I bought a v1 on OfferUp for $240. Some people try to sell just the v1 switch alone for $300. I had to look around a little to find one with the dock and everything.
I wouldn’t play online much at all, but the game he is most interested in is Super Mario Maker which needs Internet access to download all the player made courses so I might just skip the modding for now

Reactions: Carne Seca

Babylon

i'm tired, i'm freezing, i'm dumb
Dec 27, 2007
I wouldn’t play online much at all, but the game he is most interested in is Super Mario Maker which needs Internet access to download all the player made courses so I might just skip the modding for now
Use your GameStop credit and buy a switch then. The animal crossing themed one is in stock right now. Easy solution

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
what's up with buying a second dock for the switch? I've seen a lot of third party reviews warm of bricking your switch + all the adds seem shady and they may or may not come with charging cables etc.

and the Nintendo official dock is like $100 for a shitty plastic stand from resellers 🤡

anyone have a third party dock they like?

Last edited:

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
what's up with buying a second dock for the switch? I've seen a lot of third party reviews warm of bricking your switch + all the adds seem shady and they may or may not come with charging cables etc.

and the Nintendo official dock is like $100 for a shitty plastic stand 🤡

anyone have a third party dock they like?
i have the genki covert dock and it works great

Reactions: smell my finger

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
i have the genki covert dock and it works great

preorder now for delivery in 45 days 😆

also it's more than the OEM Nintendo dock

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
ordered this, hope it doesn't brick my switch :o

KXKvjCM.png

Babylon

i'm tired, i'm freezing, i'm dumb
Dec 27, 2007
Reviews are saying it's a garbage port and Nintendo should be ashamed. Why can't Nintendo make something that doesn't look like a five year old potato?

That's not a Nintendo issue. That's a rockstar issue. It's getting destroyed on every console for those issues.

Reactions: MrBlonde

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Just picked up a switch oled for the lady. She recently got a new job that has her traveling a shit ton.

Gonna get a carry case and she loved watching me play stardew so pick that up for her.

Any other must know/pro tips? I know nothing of Nintendo

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
bought a pro controller, has drift out of the box :mad: tried to recalibrate it twice and it still creeps back sometimes

.chris

Leave her, Johnny, leave her
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
Can anyone offer some insight?

My son has a child account with NNID on the switch. How much of a pain will it be to let him use this same nnid on a new 3DS?

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I don't understand a word of Japanese but this looks tight

Haven't bought a Pokemon game in like 15 years :o might get this

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I don't understand a word of Japanese but this looks tight

Haven't bought a Pokemon game in like 15 years :o might get this

just FYI this game is getting all kinds of hate ... sword/shield did too, which I liked, but this game isn't looking so good so far

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec