ART Canon S95 - any idea on when this will drop or when the next model comes out?

Wobistdu

Little sick of this thing lingering around $350-$400 for far too long. Any idea on when it will drop due to a new model? The s95 has been out for a while now.

koolaids

OH YEAH
Jul 21, 2006
i wanted to get an s95 for my europe trip
but the sony tx10 looks much better
and then pentax just released the new optio rz18
it looks really nice (i like plain/simple design :o) and has 18x zoom :eek3:
Optio_RZ18_Front.jpg

RZ18-Td.jpg

RZ18-Rr.jpg

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
The S100 (or whatever they call it) will be announced sometime in the near future (that's as specific as I can get) and I know our store has already dropped it to $339 (currently sold out) in anticipation of it's replacment...

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
And yeah, the Optio's are cool cameras, but they are plagued by HORRIBLE build quality. Pentax's high end P&S seriously feel like Canon AA cameras.

TS
TS

Wobistdu

what's the latest recommendation other than s95 for high iso capability?

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
what's the latest recommendation other than s95 for high iso capability?
The Powershot HS series are pretty solid. They've been a good seller, work well at higher ISO's as long as you're not a pixel peeping cunt that's going to be like, "Oh... this has noise at ISO 1600..." like some of my customers are.

Bottom line, they're point and shoots, none of them are great at high ISO's compared to DSLR's.

I'm also kind of anxious to see what the Fuji X10 is going to be like. It's a smaller sensor, but Fuji's been coming up with some pretty revolutionary shit lately, I think I'm going to pick one up when they come out.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
probably not this year :dunno:

there's no G12 replacement this year, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec