TECH Can't change system clock

sorryforya

Apr 22, 2008
If I want to change the clock an hr ahead or backwards, the computer automatically changes it back to the right time. Tried googling an answer to figure out how to fix it but I can't find anything. Can anyone help? I'm not trying to change the date, just the time.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Start => Run => "net stop w32time".

Once you're done doing whatever depravity you're doing...

Start => Run => "net start w32time".

TS
TS

sorryforya

Apr 22, 2008
Trying to play a game that only allows you to play at certain times. Tried what you said, it doesn't work.

GreyRS

Your ignorance cramps my conversation.
Jun 8, 2000
FL
How about changing the time zone setting to match the time offset you desire?

TS
TS

sorryforya

Apr 22, 2008
you need to disable Windows time service
try changing system time from the bios

Changing the system time in bios works. I was messing with it and the time kept changing backwards when I changed the month. The game is called hotel626. Its a online game that only allows you to play from 6pm to 6am. You can trick the game into playing as long as you change your system clock. Changing the time in bios every time I want to play during the day seems like a pain in the ass.

TS
TS

sorryforya

Apr 22, 2008
Then something is re-enabling the time correction, and I can't help you anymore.

What you said is correct. Some program I'm running is blocking me from changing the time. I rebooted and went in safe mode and was able to change my time without it automatically correcting it. Can't figure out what it seems to be though.

Doomsday

XXX
Mar 14, 2000
Minnesota
run services.msc
look for Windows Time
make sure it is Stopped and Disabled.

got any of those atomic clock sync software and such? if so, disable/uninstall those

HYBR|D

Beep Beeeeee'p
May 5, 2006
Ozz
Just take the battery out of your mother board, you will never have to worry about the time again. :mamoru:

cmsurfer

ºllllllº
Jun 6, 2003
NJ
That's some awesome Winnie The Pooh logic there. Do you happen to know why they only want you to play in the evening?

From a quick google search

"You can only enter Hotel 626 from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., hence the name '626' (though you can change your computer’s clock if you want to cheat the system), and you’re not allowed to exit until you’ve gone on a harrowing journey through the demonized hotel. I’m not sure how running down dark hallways, fighting ghosts, and playing creepy lullabies will “enhance your Doritos eating experience,” but it was entertaining."

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Oh god. They make you play at night for the ambiance? Why don't they just package it with a bag of weed and some rolling papers?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448