TECH Car Audio Peeps, WTF is going on?

ExDelayed

Aug 6, 2002
Ogden, UT
The car is an `05 E500. There are 2 Kenwood 12s in the trunk in a 1.75cuft (per sub) sealed enclosure. Sitting in it with the motor running it sounds like the subs cant breathe, for lack of better wording. I know they are taking the power but the bass is less then spectacular. I would almost go so far as to say the factory sub-less system hit harder. Right now I have pulled a piece of trim in the package tray out and I can see into the trunk and it helped somewhat, thankfully my windows are tinted so others cant see in as well. What gets strange is when I pop the trunk the subs hit like mad. What is going on?

Cliffs: Trunk closed, subs suck. Trunk open, subs hit.

TS
TS
ExDelayed

ExDelayed

Aug 6, 2002
Ogden, UT
Checked and all is good. I am leaning more towards the trunk is too isolated from the passenger compartment. :(

GlocksRock

Glock > You
Jun 15, 2003
North Carolina
I had that problem before... it was my first car, an 88 Pontiac Bonneville, I had 2 12's in there, but you could barely hear them, even though the gear wasn't all that great, it still should have been much louder than it was. My solution... sell it and get a new car, which is what I did, I bought a hatchback, and after a few speaker changes, I ended up with a pair of JL Audio 15W1s powered off a HiFonics amp, and that was loud as hell back then. But my car got stolen, and so did the system, but now I have much better stuff.

tjamz

Nov 12, 2007
You can always try turning the subs to face the opposite direction. Sometimes this works very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan