Car Audio Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ronin, Apr 14, 2005.

  1. Ronin

    Ronin Guest

    What kind of wiring, crossover set up would one need in this set up: (ive been going over multiple systems in my mind for one i am going to eventually build)

    You have your regular front components but those are also being backed by mid woofers, lets just say Dynaudio ones.

    I know the amp would need to be seperate due to fluxuated power needs but as far as hooking the stuff up I just dont know how to :(
  2. 04

    04 Guest

    You could design a set of passive crossovers for that set to seperate the midbass. However, which Dynaudio component set are you talking about? How do you know that the included midwoofer wont work out ok and go low enough to crossover to a subwoofer?

    If you did want to go with a 4 way system with an active crossover(subwoofer,midbass,midrange,tweeter), you'd need an outboard electronic crossover and at least 5 channels of amplification.

    IMO it would probably be a lot simpler to start out with the normal component set, and use a subwoofer. Then later on if you feel the midbass is lacking, upgrade to a set of dedicated midbasses. Unless you've already done this and it didnt work out?
  3. Ronin

    Ronin Guest

Share This Page