ART Car shoots

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
What's the going rate these days to do car shoots for used car yards?

Is it by the hour or by the car? How many shots usually are required for each car? What angles would you shoot? If you were restricted to the car yard, how would you compose it? If you were allowed to take the car off the lot, how far would you go for how much? How would you light it? Natural or strobe?

Baz.

YourMomOnRyeBun

Sep 6, 2006
Houston, TX
From the used car lot websites I've gone too...it doesn't look like they put too much into each shot. They MIGHT move it out of the row and fire away.

Half of the pictures I see they don't even both to make sure they aren't in the reflection of the glass/wheel/paint. lol

tetsuo

And shepherds we shall be...
May 6, 2004
none of the normal lots around here would do much of anything. like the guy above, they MIGHT pull it out of the row on the lot and snap a couple but the quality looks like they might as well have used a camera phone.

now there is one or two dealerships in town that really put a lot into some of their photos, but they also sell lambos, porsches, etc

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
I think where I am, most places will just snap them with a P&S

At the end of the day, the picture probably isn't a main selling point.. just a basic illustration for the cars appearance and condition before you go and view it.

Maybe nicer places selling nicer cars though

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
If they sell one eBay, I'm sure they do decent shots. Here in the states the eBay dealerships have detailed photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan