TECH car stereo in home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidI

Jul 16, 2001
Up in the Air
Hey all,

I've got an old 15" sub kicking around and was thinking that I could maybe use it in my home theater set-up...

I know it wouldn't sound as good as a home theater sub but I just wanna do it for the hell of it. Now I know you can use a car battery and a charger for the power supply, then hook up a car stereo amp and the subs just like you would in a car but my problem is that my receiver only has one output for the sub whereas if I remember correctly most car stereo amps need 2 rca's in....

How can I hook the receiver up to the car stereo amp so it won't sound like ass?

LOUDSYSTEM

its nothing a Y adapter cant fix but a car battery charger has a rediculous amount of noise youd be better off going to parts express.com and buying their biggest home amp and using it to power the sub rather than using a battery etc..

HSV GTS 300KW

What LOUDSYSTEM said is my opinon as well. Not overly knowledgeable about car batteries but i have seen a few friends running their subs off cars that don't have the engine running and the battery drains fairly fast. Capacitors will help but in this situation have a look at a dedicated subwoofer amp from a hifi shop etc.

Originally posted by LOUDSYSTEM
its nothing a Y adapter cant fix but a car battery charger has a rediculous amount of noise youd be better off going to parts express.com and buying their biggest home amp and using it to power the sub rather than using a battery etc..

the 250 watt plate amp is like 80 bucks and should do the job just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448