SRS Cardio/neurological systems shot at 22?

Panoptimist

Put a bangin' donk on it.
Oct 17, 2005
New York Shitfaced.
Hi guys,

Problem child here.

Almost 3 days ago I noticed that the tip of my right big toe was numb. I looked all of the signs up on the internets and I'm worried as shit.

I am healthy weight and very lean but haven't necessarily been living a perfectly healthy lifestyle (but I know so many who live way worse).

Back in Feb I was on a ski trip with the ex. GF family. We sat down for lunch one afternoon and I began to feel really lightheaded. I don't know if my freaking out made it worse but I was done for the day and actually had to go lay down and felt out of it for the rest of the day. Since then that feeling has been kind of recurring.

I started having pretty bad anxiety/panic attacks about a year ago when I got caught up in really negative political stuff and let the world around me turn totally negative. I've always been a stressed person and within the past 8 months I've been nothing but super stressed. I haven't been making good decisions and am pretty insecure about myself and all of it seems to be compounding.

For about the past year or more I've basically had a drink a day, if not more. When I broke up with the gf about a week and a half ago or whatever I went on a huge bender, drank for like 3 days straight with no sleep and no eating. I know I really fucked myself up there. For like hte past 6 months I've been getting pretty fucked up at bars at least a couple of nights a week or more, in combination with stress. I also am a semi-smoker. I quit for about 6 months a year ago, but have basically been smoking since. I usually just buy singles, but last week I went through two packs in two days.

I've felt lightheaded and out of it for awhile now, and I know shitty diet and no sleep and alcohol is playing a role. My family has a history of solid health on both sides, no diabeetus or anything, but I haven't had my blood tested.

Like I said, my toe has been numb for a couple of days and I don't know if that's from walking weird or if its a sign i really fucked something up. My head has also been ringing pretty badly for awhile now.

Last night I was out with a buddy and I was feeling disoriented (could have been the weed, but ive been a heavy smot poker since i was 13). I don't know if this was just one of the worst panic attacks I've had yet, but the world started spinning i kinda felt myself go out of my body and the next thing I know my chest is tightening up, im sweating, then my heart starts pounding hard and really starts to hurt. my head/brain was throbbing and got tight. the episode lasted about 30-40 seconds and i sat down pale and shaking and finished most of the meal.

I live a lot in my head and I'm chalking a lot of this up to diet, habits and mentally psyching myself out. But I'm in a foreign place, don't know any doctors or where to go or what to do. I'm wondering if I have severely ruined myself (always feeling out of it, etc) or if I can rebound from this given i change my lifestyle. ive been drinking nothing but water and taking vitamins for the past 3 days and trying to start eating much healthier. today though i had what seemed like another anxiety attack/panic episode, but it subsided once i was able to focus my thoughts somewhere else.

Anyone experience anything like this? I know I need to go get checked out/bloodwork drawn, but don't really know who or where to go. wish i was close to home so i could see a doctor i know/trusted.

Anyway what do you guys think? just go to the regular hospital? i'm not trying to pollute my system with a bunch of synthetic drugs, and would prefer a homeopathic doctor (one whom i left a message with this evening, probably wont hear until next week). just dont want to be given a bunch of shit for thyroid, adrenal, etc. is an MRI standard? i tend to over react and im probably causing most of my own problems by making huge deals over shit in my head, but im still kinda worried. i just always felt healthy and shit. at least until this last super bender.

djshotglass

May 4, 2007
You're having alcohol withdrawals. It sucks but you need to go through with it. Alcohol is definitely the cause of your nerve problems. Look up alcoholic neuropathy. Go to a doctor if you can afford it, otherwise hang in there and quit doing drugs. And eat right and exercise.

Yes I have experienced this before and alcohol was the cause. Your nerves can become permanently damaged if you continue drinking.

MattThom01

Jan 2, 2006
I would agree, it's probably the alcohol. But if you're not sure...have you been to see a doctor?

TS
TS
Panoptimist

Panoptimist

Oct 17, 2005
New York Shitfaced.
Not yet. Don't know who or where to go, as I said above. For something like this I don't want to be getting jerked around.

Thanks for the replies.

Darketernal

Watch: Aria The Origination =)
I don't know why but in America it just seems normal for people to try to motivate you to treat your body like shit asif its normal and then in the end you get an afterkick from then and people laugh at you if there are terrible bad after consequences, they laugh like hahaha how could you be stupid to use that shit, while you know its bad for you.

Everything that is bad for you has got to go out of the window, just like a garbage man you have to keep throwing the trash outside and refuse anything that is negative , it has to go "OUT" of your life. You bottle up too much stuff inside of your mind, you need to use that negative energy to start doing positive and constructive things, "DO" something about the situation instead of letting it linger.

I am not even going to say goto the neurologist because this isn't 'a natural disease' this is self induced destruction, sometimes the best thing in order to help someone is to tell them to help themselves. No one else can live your life for you, if you don't take care of your body no one else will. All the negative consequences are for you, so only you can save your own body in this case.

MattThom01

Jan 2, 2006
I don't know why but in America it just seems normal for people to try to motivate you to treat your body like shit asif its normal and then in the end you get an afterkick from then and people laugh at you if there are terrible bad after consequences, they laugh like hahaha how could you be stupid to use that shit, while you know its bad for you.

Everything that is bad for you has got to go out of the window, just like a garbage man you have to keep throwing the trash outside and refuse anything that is negative , it has to go "OUT" of your life. You bottle up too much stuff inside of your mind, you need to use that negative energy to start doing positive and constructive things, "DO" something about the situation instead of letting it linger.

I am not even going to say goto the neurologist because this isn't 'a natural disease' this is self induced destruction, sometimes the best thing in order to help someone is to tell them to help themselves. No one else can live your life for you, if you don't take care of your body no one else will. All the negative consequences are for you, so only you can save your own body in this case.

And how does this help the TS?

Coottie

BOOMER......SOONER
OT Supporter
Jun 6, 2006
OKC
I do not believe this is alcohol withdrawl at all but you're being very vague about the total amount of alcohol consumption.

A drink a night means 1 drink every night. It does NOT mean, 3-10 drinks every single night.

When you said you went on a 3 day bender, what does that specifically mean? How much were you drinking and was it the type of bender where you drank, passed out, woke up and started drinking again, rinse and repeat for 3 days? If so, you might want to look at why this occurred....what issues were you trying to avoid?

Go to a doctor and tell them about your experience in the restaurant/bar. It might have just been a panic attack or it might have been something more significant.

Stop trying to self diagnose. Go to a doctor and be 100% honest with them about what's going on....don't fucking hold anything back.

TS
TS
Panoptimist

Panoptimist

Oct 17, 2005
New York Shitfaced.
I do not believe this is alcohol withdrawl at all but you're being very vague about the total amount of alcohol consumption.

A drink a night means 1 drink every night. It does NOT mean, 3-10 drinks every single night.

When you said you went on a 3 day bender, what does that specifically mean? How much were you drinking and was it the type of bender where you drank, passed out, woke up and started drinking again, rinse and repeat for 3 days? If so, you might want to look at why this occurred....what issues were you trying to avoid?

Go to a doctor and tell them about your experience in the restaurant/bar. It might have just been a panic attack or it might have been something more significant.

Stop trying to self diagnose. Go to a doctor and be 100% honest with them about what's going on....don't fucking hold anything back.

Yeah, I'm going to. I mean I had at least 3 drinks a night for probably like a year. Maybe there were some breaks. The bender was like 3 days of straight alcohol with no sleep. but for those entire two weeks i was staying out drinking, staying up until the next day with little sleep.

and yes, this is a horrible form of "self medication" and escapism. but ive stopped drinking and am slowly trying to work through my situation.

honestly, i want to get an MD referral from someone i trust, for something like this i really don't trust a random doctor in this big city. of course insurance is a caveat, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan