LOVE Caught off guard by something couple nights ago

Master Splinter

Nov 26, 2007
Illinois
Was out with a group of friends some who work with me, some who used to, and some other friends of friends, anyway one girl who I would consider a friend (although not a very close one, used to work with me but doesn't anymore so rarely see her but shes usually cool) was there with a friend of hers.

Over the course of the night her friend and I talked quite a bit and things seemed to be going fairly well so I decided to talk to my friend and just pretty much said "Your friend seems cool, is she single?" Her reply caught me off guard because I've never really known her to be bitchy to me but anyway she replied with "Yeah but why don't you go back to school?" :ugh:.

Now going off topic for a minute to give some back story there, her friend is a teacher and I work in a hospital as an Emergency Room Tech. I was in school and almost done with my pre-req's (Anatomy & Physiology is my last one left) when I started having some second guesses about going into nursing so I decided to take a year off and see how things cleared up. I'm heading back in January to knock that out then going to apply for nursing school so not like I have no aspirations in life or anything but I'm definitely not at the same level as this girl in terms of careers.

Anyway this has just been eating at me the last couple days, I have posted here in the past and used to have horrible issues with confidence, got beyond that for the most part but this one is really just stuck in my head.

Should I just go for it anyway or what? I know this seems extremely dumb but just looking for some reassurances I guess, that response to that question is just kind of infuriating to me, I've never felt like someone was trying to tell me I'm not good enough for something as I did right there.

Aquakittie

Feb 5, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The bitchy chick sounds jealous you were talking to her friend. I wouldn't read into it unless the friend was preoccupied with career, in which case she might be more caught up on prestige and status and career than maybe you're interested in.

You gotta start a frame where you can quip back quickly to a bitchy comment like that. It doesn't have to be an assholey or mean reply, just confident or witty.....and it conveys you got your shit together.

It could have also been to distract you from the conversation of her single friend again, supporting the idea that maybe SHE's the one that likes you.

What was your reply to her comment? and where'd the conversation go after that? and did you talk to the friend again after that?

MattThom01

Jan 2, 2006
She was either jealous, or badly trying to bust your balls for asking her instead of asking her friend directly.

Women give us enough drama as it is, if you want to approach a woman and have the opportunity to do so in person, do it.

TS
TS
Master Splinter

Master Splinter

Nov 26, 2007
Illinois
Didn't really talk to her much more after that, I was irritated by the comment and just told her I'm going back in January for my last pre-req before nursing school (pretty sure she could tell I wasn't happy about her response but wasn't an over the top dick about it either).

Continued talking to her friend as the night went on, did get her number at the end of the night so I think she is interested.

More or less I'm just kind of wondering if she legitimately would dislike me based off of job or if my friend is just a bitch.

Typing it out and reading the shit that's been running through my mind its amazing how much I even think I'm being a bitch.

Amazing what laying things out can really do for clearing your mind, I'll have to give her a call then and see whats up, worst case not interested and I move on to the next.

Aquakittie

Feb 5, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Amazing what laying things out can really do for clearing your mind, I'll have to give her a call then and see whats up, worst case not interested and I move on to the next.
:werd:

Call, see where it goes....if she turns out to be all superficial and caught up on your current academic/career placement, then over and out....not the one for you. :dunno:

JohnQPoster

Nov 12, 2010
Your friend is a bitch, maybe she was on her period or something.

Who cares about that? You said she wasn't even a close friend, so what the hell does she know about your career plans anyways.

Call this girl up, if she is 'all superficial and caught up on your current academic/career placement, then' she can tell you this herself.

Even if she is, you might still have fun for a while. It isn't like you are asking her to marry you. Even if she is caught up on financial / career status, it cannot be that bad. Like, you do not have an awesome job so therefore I cannot be scene in public with you. It can't be that bad, it is worth trying, after all you are working, January is not far away and you really have nothing to lose if it doesn't work out for whatever reason. You may even have a good time as the two of you figure out that you are not compatible, which of course may or may not happen as it could work out.

The one thing that we do know is that you will never know if you don't try.

You should not let this 'friend' of yours speak for this girl or put words into her mouth. Call or whatever and allow her to speak for herself.

iwishyouwerebeer

you shut your cunt
Sep 1, 2006
Your friend saying that to you could be for multiple reasons, but it's not really important. I more want to point out that clearly this is only bothering you so much because not going back to school is something you're already insecure about within yourself. I would focus on that more than why your friend said it or if the girlwould feel the same way. You're the only one standing in your own way of hooking up with that girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan