GUN CCW Question

SmugZombie

Aug 2, 2006
Purgatory
When you get your ccw, in the county you live in. If you move to a diff county do you immediatly have to get your ccw renewed? or will it still be good?

Can u go back to the county you got it in and renew it,even tho you dont live there anymore?

I only ask, cause in iowa, i live in a NO ISSUE county... but i live part time in a "Sure, Go Ahead" County...

xpinchx

hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil
Dec 18, 2003
East Lansing, MI
Call the sheriff dept and ask. :dunno: Generally that probably varies from state to state and county to county, but as long as you have your CCW you shouldn't have to renew it unless you move into a state that doesn't honor your permit or it expires. But that also might depend if your address is on your permit.

Slick26

Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew
Jul 28, 2006
Mini Soda
It varies by state... call and ask.

And Iowa can be dicey. It's alot like California in that respect, some counties are good, others are not.
I highly doubt you'd have to get a new one, since it's a state permit, but you never know.

s2k

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2002
corn field, iowa
technically, you have to update them when you change address, you have to renew it in the county you move to, and if the sheriff for that county is anti-carry, say bye bye to your permit

s2k

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2002
corn field, iowa

And Iowa can be dicey. It's alot like California in that respect, some counties are good, others are not.
I highly doubt you'd have to get a new one, since it's a state permit, but you never know.
minnesota sucks....if you want to apply for a non-resident permit...you have to physically go to the sheriff station and fill out paper work...and pay a shitload for one

Slick26

Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew
Jul 28, 2006
Mini Soda
minnesota sucks....if you want to apply for a non-resident permit...you have to physically go to the sheriff station and fill out paper work...and pay a shitload for one
No, Illinois and Wisconsin suck. Minnesota is just expensive and a PITA.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan