FIT Ceaze/Guru's: Shoes wear unevenly on the outside of my heel

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineSucks

Everglades Guy
OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
What mobility work should I be doing to fix it? I know it usually means its an imbalance or somethings not normal.

TS
TS
MaineSucks

MaineSucks

Everglades Guy
OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
and I dunno if I'm flat footed or not... Ceaze has posted that uneven wear on the outside of your heel means your hips are fucked or something. Can't remember what he said.

dengar

seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir!
OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2004
OC NJ
I have this same problem.

I have a pair of shox that have the outside springs way more compressed than the inside ones, so unless I want to constantly roll my ankle I can't wear them.

knucks

Jul 14, 2004
I'd go to a chiropractor..If you got decent health insurance a visit should cost ~ $10.

I had more wear on my left heel than my right. Dude told me my left leg was longer than my right due to some hip issues.

BlackIce72

Jan 4, 2005
NJ
most likely an UNDERpronator (or supinator) with a higher arch -- can be a sign of hip or shoulder issues

these new or older shoes? overweight people will notice it more

go to a real running store and have them look at your stride and gait

underpronators usually just need a more cushioned shoe, but usually nothing "special"

dragomungus

Apr 27, 2008
most likely an UNDERpronator (or supinator) with a higher arch -- can be a sign of hip or shoulder issues

these new or older shoes? overweight people will notice it more

go to a real running store and have them look at your stride and gait

underpronators usually just need a more cushioned shoe, but usually nothing "special"

Doog

Oct 20, 2002
Houston
If you dont know if your flat footed or not get your feet wet and walk on concrete. If the middle of your foot is missing then you have a high arch and more than likely prone to underpronation. If the print shoes all of your foot then you have flat feet then most likely you are prone to over pronation. In that case you need to be looking at stabilty shoes/orthotics.

GOGZILLA

Double-Uranium Member
Jan 16, 2003
Plantation, FL
Go to a specialty store and get fitted for functionally appropriate running shoes. You'll be running in no time.

i think the point is to figure out what structural imbalance they are having and fix the root cause not put a bandaid on it with a custom shoe

XPX

Sep 14, 2002
I know most sport shoes brands, ie. Nike make shoes to help with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan