CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
shit. both my wife and I have CSPs but neither have CSRs (we were churning pretty hard at the time they introduced the 5/24 rule). You guys think they'll add some sweet offers for the CSR soon? Or should we close our CSP & just re-apply?
Product change to freedom or freedom unlimited. (Even if you already have them, you can have multiple). Then re-apply.

Reactions: couchlock and Hisma

Noparking

Platinum Member
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
South Island, New Zeland
Any other decent offers right now out there other than the chase preferred one? Already have a preferred card but don’t meet the 48 month cut off from last bonus. I’ll be making a couple relatively big purchases and would like to get something out of it if possible.

phatguy88

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
boston
Any other decent offers right now out there other than the chase preferred one? Already have a preferred card but don’t meet the 48 month cut off from last bonus. I’ll be making a couple relatively big purchases and would like to get something out of it if possible.
What about amex plat 100k +10X points on supermarket and gas?

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
Applied for Chase sapphire platinum and was not pre-approved. Got great credit tho. You guys instant approved or have to wait?

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
The 100,000 points + first year fee waved + $50 grocery credit is live in branches now.

I went to a branch to apply and apparently there's a glitch in the system that prevents them from putting in the application for certain customers :ugh:

The solution: "apply online and then come in and we'll request that the extras be added."

Go online. Sapphire Preferred is the one card I'm unable to apply for (I am able to apply for the Reserve).

Great job, chase :jerkit:

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
And now the CS rep claimed that I am not eligible for the bonus because I downgraded my Sapphire cards to Freedom cards, so the system still sees them as Sapphire cards :bowrofl:

CS is clueless.

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
You have to wait a bit before you do it after a product change
Sorry, to clarify, the CS rep told me that I would never be eligible for the bonus again because I downgraded a Sapphire card. As long as that downgraded (Freedom) card is open, it will forever show up as a Sapphire card in their system. The only way I would be eligible for a bonus again is if I were to close the accounts that were once in their history Sapphire cards and then apply again. Clueless.

I downgraded my Reserve last weekend. The branch manager said I would definitely be eligible for the bonus as it would only take 1 business day for the downgrade to be cleared through their system.

I am eligible in branch and online for the Reserve bonus, I am just completely locked out of applying for a Preferred for some unknown reason.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
Sorry, to clarify, the CS rep told me that I would never be eligible for the bonus again because I downgraded a Sapphire card. As long as that downgraded (Freedom) card is open, it will forever show up as a Sapphire card in their system. The only way I would be eligible for a bonus again is if I were to close the accounts that were once in their history Sapphire cards and then apply again. Clueless.

I downgraded my Reserve last weekend. The branch manager said I would definitely be eligible for the bonus as it would only take 1 business day for the downgrade to be cleared through their system.

I am eligible in branch and online for the Reserve bonus, I am just completely locked out of applying for a Preferred for some unknown reason.
Oh, yeah. :rofl: That's wrong.

Reactions: Vanilla Tarantino

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
gonna apply for my next ink EIN card this week I think...

Still need to get my CIC and CIU through my EIN (hopefully I'll get the self referral bonus)

then Southwest cards towards the end of the year for that companion pass and 130k or whatever Southwest points I'll end up with :bowdown:

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Have any of you been approved in branch and received the bonuses for the sapphire preferred?

Might just apply online right now. Don't really feel like getting off the couch.

Last edited:

perfekt

OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2003
Gilbert, AZ
I downgraded my CSR to a Freedom Unlimited today. I'm don't expect to be traveling like I used to for at least another year so I just went ahead with it. I was going to apply for the CSP for the 100k bonus, but I can't get another bonus offer until 9/2022. :(

• Wow
Reactions: Chuck Finley

vtec1994

It always rains at Le Mans
Jun 11, 2001
Atlanta
Have any of you been approved in branch and received the bonuses for the sapphire preferred?

Might just apply online right now. Don't really feel like getting off the couch.
I was in a branch depositing a check and asked about in-branch bonuses and was told it didn't exist.

Reactions: {hydro}

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor