CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

taqman15

May 2, 2002
san francisco
just reminded me to renew my global entry that expires in october

they don't have the GOES website anymore so had to create a new account on the TTP site

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
Have any of you been approved in branch and received the bonuses for the sapphire preferred?

Might just apply online right now. Don't really feel like getting off the couch.
I finally found a guy at a branch that knew what he was talking about with this deal last Tuesday. He said all bonuses applied in branch.

I was still locked out of applying.

I ended up having to apply as guest, then go and request that they give me the in-branch bonuses since their system prevented me from applying. Two representatives in the morning told the banker that they could definitely give me the extra in-branch perks. The representative in the afternoon said absolutely not, get fucked. That representative’s supervisor said they could “put in a request”.

Chase is a shitshow with this deal.

More than half of the bankers don’t know what’s going on, phone reps are clueless, their application system is fucked.

Thankfully, I got my card, I’ll get my 100k points, and hopefully I’ll get the AF waived and the grocery credit.

Reactions: {hydro}

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
I finally found a guy at a branch that knew what he was talking about with this deal last Tuesday. He said all bonuses applied in branch.

I was still locked out of applying.

I ended up having to apply as guest, then go and request that they give me the in-branch bonuses since their system prevented me from applying. Two representatives in the morning told the banker that they could definitely give me the extra in-branch perks. The representative in the afternoon said absolutely not, get fucked. That representative’s supervisor said they could “put in a request”.

Chase is a shitshow with this deal.

More than half of the bankers don’t know what’s going on, phone reps are clueless, their application system is fucked.

Thankfully, I got my card, I’ll get my 100k points, and hopefully I’ll get the AF waived and the grocery credit.
Cliffs on the in-branch application perks? I may have overlooked it

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
Cliffs on the in-branch application perks? I may have overlooked it
Online: 100,000 bonus points with $4k spend within 3 months of opening the account.

In Branch: Same 100,000 points with $4k spend, waived annual fee for the first year ($95), and a $50 grocery statement credit. Effectively a $145 “bonus” for applying in branch.

It’s definitely better value to apply in branch and what I would recommend. If you’d still rather do online, I’d be happy to refer if you’d be willing to use my referral :big grin: (I would get a 20k point bonus).

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
hey guys
so just to confirm, it's possible to downgrade my CSP to a freedom, wait 1 day, then go into a branch and re-apply?
Also can someone confirm if there's a way to check if I'm eligible before I cancel?
thx thx

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
anyone want to refer me for an ink and split the referral?

I'd ask a friend of mine we usually do this with but hes dealing with some family shit right now and I dont wanna bother him

phatguy88

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
boston
anyone want to refer me for an ink and split the referral?

I'd ask a friend of mine we usually do this with but hes dealing with some family shit right now and I dont wanna bother him
How would splitting the referral work? Send points to one of your airlines/hotels accounts?

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
hey guys
so just to confirm, it's possible to downgrade my CSP to a freedom, wait 1 day, then go into a branch and re-apply?
Also can someone confirm if there's a way to check if I'm eligible before I cancel?
thx thx
I downgraded my CSR to a freedom flex and applied 5 business days later. Probably safer to wait a few days rather than going next day. Should be no different for a CSP.

You may be unable to apply in branch due to their systems being stupid after a downgrade. If that’s the case, have the banker make a new profile for you and apply in-branch that way. I wish I knew about this trick. I’m fighting Chase for bait and switch right now as they’re denying me the branch benefits after multiple reps assured the banker that I was applying with that I could apply online and have them add the in-branch benefits since it’s a system glitch.

Eligibility: standard Chase 5/24, currently don’t have a CSR or CSP (so best to wait a few days after downgrading), and make sure it’s been 48 months since you last received a Sapphire bonus. Go look at your old statements for when that posted.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
How would splitting the referral work? Send points to one of your airlines/hotels accounts?
Usually we would just either refer each other for equal valued referrals and keep track or cash app each other for half the value and one person kept all the points for travel

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor