CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
:rofl2: at the Amex Platty AF going up to $700

I'm canceling the CSR next year after the $300 credit but before the AF. I wanted to cancel it last year, but I was supposed to go on a big trip and wanted lounge access. I didnt this year because I think the DD credit and maybe some other reason I dont remember

but I dont get my value out of it, all I want really is a way to transfer points elsewhere...so I'll cancel and get teh CSP when its 100k again. I have a seperate EIN account with over 100k points from the CIP I can use to transfer points until I cancel it

Even the benefit of booking southwest flights through chase to earn SW points on the flights fucked me this year because I canceled a flight I had due to the rental car nightmare and just drove. So I have a credit with chase I have to use by Jan with Southwest, opposed to just getting my SW points back if I booked through them.

• Wow
Reactions: Chuck Finley

Subliminal012

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Hol up. I have a CSR, bonus came in April 2017. Haven't signed up for a new credit card in last 24 months. So I can downgrade CSR to freedom flex and then wait 4-5 days and sign up for CSP and I should be good yeah?

Have you guys done the modified double dip with this? Downgrade CSR to Freedom, apply for CSP get approval, next day apply for CSR

Last edited:

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
the $300 travel credit, $99 priority pass and $100 for global entry/TSA precheck pretty much even it out if you travel even once internationally
Priority pass has been useless since Covid and it keeps being devalued etc, but CSR I guess is still the best version of it with a card for now. I went to check several pretty major airports a month or so ago if they had a PP lounge (or a lounge at all when searching with lounge buddy) and lots of times there was nothing

Global Entry apparently is not the value it used to be because apparently the Mobile Passport thing can be even faster depending on lines and thats free. TSA Precheck has been worth its weight in gold for the couple times I was late AF and would have missed my flight without it. But at my home airport its usually quicker to go through the normal line lol and now without as much people traveling thats probably true, although the belt/shoes/laptop thing is something. You can get Precheck for $85. I did GE just because it was 5 years and free anyway. Although getting GE was way more of a pain in the fucking asshole than Precheck. Especially because I didnt have my passport yet

Reactions: Lethal

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
Hol up. I have a CSR, bonus came in April 2017. Haven't signed up for a new credit card in last 24 months. So I can downgrade CSR to freedom flex and then wait 4-5 days and sign up for CSP and I should be good yeah?

Have you guys done the modified double dip with this? Downgrade CSR to Freedom, apply for CSP get approval, next day apply for CSR
Idk if the modified DD works anymore. Check r/churning.

Also - it's 48 months now to wait, not 24.

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
Priority pass has been useless since Covid and it keeps being devalued etc, but CSR I guess is still the best version of it with a card for now. I went to check several pretty major airports a month or so ago if they had a PP lounge (or a lounge at all when searching with lounge buddy) and lots of times there was nothing

Global Entry apparently is not the value it used to be because apparently the Mobile Passport thing can be even faster depending on lines and thats free. TSA Precheck has been worth its weight in gold for the couple times I was late AF and would have missed my flight without it. But at my home airport its usually quicker to go through the normal line lol and now without as much people traveling thats probably true, although the belt/shoes/laptop thing is something. You can get Precheck for $85. I did GE just because it was 5 years and free anyway. Although getting GE was way more of a pain in the fucking asshole than Precheck. Especially because I didnt have my passport yet
It's stupid to pay $85 for PreCheck and not just pay the $100 for GE, which includes PreCheck.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Whoa, you srs?

Amex plat has long been removing benefits and raising the AF. This is a stupid move.
word, and they made guests for PP pay $50 and keep adding worthless benefits

Ill have to look if its even still worth it for the SUB. I dont have any MR cards, I'm all chase with hotel cards too.

$695 AF

100k MR SUB
$200 credit on "select" hotel bookings-when booked through Amex (you either wouldn't get full value/have full options/would have to spend over $200 to get full value)
$200 credit on airline *incedentals* (I've never paid a dollar of these but doesnt mean its worthless)
$300 of Equinox some gym workout membership shit ive never even heard of and will never fucking use
$15/mo of Uber credit I havent used Ubers since 2019 and only maybe 3-5x ever, could use it for Uber Eats but I'v never used them and if im on a healthy kick its probably useless
$100 for GE/Precheck, nice if you need to renew
$179 for Clear-This is only for 1 year's cost. I've heard this is much better than the above, which makes me wonder how valuable is Precheck if you have Clear? Didnt realize Clear was so expensive, would be nice if it was longer than a year. Do my travelers on the same ticket get the benefit? If not than I'm just waiting on my GF after I get through quicker
$100 for Sakks...didnt even know what Sakks was until I saw Amex has the credit and I'd have to try to find something to even spend the money on. Looks like a fancy af store for chicks

So value that all how you will...I guess It would still be worth for the SUB when I'm due for a GE/Precheck renewal and if im traveling more. But I'd transfer out all the points to wherever at the time and close the card

Honestly I kind of doubt I'll ever move over. I churn and burn slow enough with Chase that 5/24 has never been a major issue for me, and I'm working on biz cards through an EIN now. When those are done I'll do SW CP and then I could close and re-apply for SSN biz cards or Hyatt or whatever.

taqman15

May 2, 2002
san francisco

well travel is going to be back to normal soon so I'll just hold onto my CSR. That's also why I renewed my global entry(didn't need another interview). but fuck going in the normal line and removing shoes and laptops when some airports will walk you to the front of the line :scootin:

I actually got to use my priority pass to hit the lounge in cancun on the way back from tulum. brought in 2 of my friends as well

only thing I'll mainly miss now is no more lyft pink and dash pass on doordash :wtc:

Last edited:

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
friggin Charlayne

James, we're happy to help you change your account to our
Chase Freedom Flex card, but we cannot do this by email
because it requires a detailed review of your account and
additional questions.

Please call us at the number on the back of your card to
get started. We accept operator relay calls.

We appreciate your business, and thank you for being a
Chase customer.

Thank you,
Charlayne

• Haha

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
computer: calculate months since this post
:noes:

mohLec6.png

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
got the letter in the mail today, called them and verified my sketchy ass background of 10,000 different addresses, got approved with 15K limit :tbow:

card will be in my hot little hands by next week
approved Jul 13th 2017, looks like i gotta wait a few weeks before i can apply for the CSP :x:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74