CREW Chase Sapphire Reserve v. Churn/Award Travel Crew

Subliminal012

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Huh this could be worthwhile. What if we already have freedom cards?

What's the total bonus after modDD?

I also have an EIN now as well. What do?

Yeah I already have freedom cards. I did it for 100k CSP bonus and 60k CSR bonus, I did the biz ink bonus like 2 years ago so don't know if that falls under the 48 month rule.

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
I just got approved for a CSP on Tuesday after reading a Reddit post about it changing to 3x points on Dining.

That puts me at 5/24, though, so I've got to wait until October 2022 to get another card.

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
im listening...

:shrug:

There are at least a handful of banks offering 2% unlimited cash back cards.
BofA does 75% bonus on cash back to highest tier customers so you get like 2.65% back
it all depends

Who am I to talk though, I still have like five different cards for different things. Can’t wait till business travel is fully back on so I can start booking work travel and getting mad points again.

Ichinichi

gots me dat midas touch
May 8, 2001

BofA does 75% bonus on cash back to highest tier customers so you get like 2.65% back
it all depends

Who am I to talk though, I still have like five different cards for different things. Can’t wait till business travel is fully back on so I can start booking work travel and getting mad points again.
SUB aside, you're point is valid, isnt it?

i thought the points sites value the UR points at 2c/pt at partners (at most) so why wouldn't I rather get an unlimited 2% card?

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
Wait, no Pay urself back on the CSP??

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chuck Finley

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Looks like
CSP SUB is 100k
CIP SUB is 100k
CSR SUB is 60k

Not seeing SUB points for CIU nor CIC?
CIU 750 cash back after 7500 in 3mos
CIC 750 cash back after 7500 in 3mos

Between the wife and myself, we have 4 cards two of which we are auth user on the others card.
I'm guessing steps are
1. disentangle ourselves
2. is apply for CIP with EIN and wife applies with SSN
3. Wife applies for CSP
4. I downgrade my CSP and apply for new CSP
5. Wife does modified DD for CSR
6. I modify DD for CSR

Is that right?
Ya the $ amounts for the SUB are paid out in points so you're all good.
Yes you need to remove each other as an AU (I think that counts as either already having the card or maybe a 5/24 slot, I cant remember)
Yes, but refer each other for the CIP (hopefully one of you has a ink card to get the 1st referral, if not 1st person can at least refer the 2nd)

Dont forget about the other Ink SUBs! 75k each on a free AF card, thats killer. Also the CIC is a great card. 5% towards streaming/cable/phones, and office supply stores. So you can load up on Amazon/Apple/Shell/whatever gift cards there for 5% on anything. Also, if you buy the pre paid gift card you get 5%, pay the $6 activation fee which makes it like 3.3% cash back on anything you buy with the $200 visa/MC. I'm just starting to do the prepaid GC now, bought my first one last week. Thats over double what you get with a CFU/CIU. I guess you are limited on buying things over $200 especially online doing this, unless you can pay with multiple cards. I think Staples might sell $500 cards. Also they run promos with no fee activation making it a true 5% on anything you buy.

DD....your wife does modified DD....double dildo? That sounds nice

I'm pretty deep in the points game but im drawing a blank on DD for some reason

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
I just got approved for a CSP on Tuesday after reading a Reddit post about it changing to 3x points on Dining.

That puts me at 5/24, though, so I've got to wait until October 2022 to get another card.
Probably good you did that though, with the changes I'm anticipating a bump in the AF for the CSP. So you got in with the 100k SUB, but potential cheaper AF

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois

it all depends

I use to do the 2% cash back until I realized I was leaving way too much money on the table compared to points/travel. Its also what got me actually to start flying and actually traveling for real instead of just taking road trips.

The worst you can do is 2.25% towards travel with Chase. All dining/travel/pharmacies youre talking at least 4.5% towards travel. All quarterly bonuses (Gas, grocery, Amazon, Target, Home Improvement etc) you're getting at least 7.5% back towards travel. Chase has done the 12k/12 month grocery thing off and on for a while, thats 7.5% minimum towards travel on $12k of groceries for a year.

Not to mention other stuff like its so easy/automatic to get 7.5% min towards travel on your cell bill, cable/dish, streaming stuff, Amazon, Apple, any gift card you can think of.

That's all before I even mention the thousands and thousands of dollars they give you towards travel in sign up bonuses. Also it's not hard to do better than these rates, thats just the minimum if you redeem them through Chase or transfer them to Southwest. Hyatt it's more like 2x each point rather than 1.5 with SW. If you do international travel its easier to do way better. Just with an Alaska trip I was getting like 8 cents a point with a little bit of figuring it out/asking a couple questions.

Plus perks these cards can give you over a basic cash back card. If you dont ever travel, that sucks but it's your life, so you do you. But if you do...its just dumb not to rape chase for travel points.

Reactions: Hisma

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
SUB aside, you're point is valid, isnt it?

i thought the points sites value the UR points at 2c/pt at partners (at most) so why wouldn't I rather get an unlimited 2% card?
See my posts above but with the CFU you're getting 1.5 points which at a 1.5x is 2.25% towards travel, if you value them at 2 cents than its 3%
5% things like rotating categories, Ink Cash (cable/dish/cell/streaming), grocery $12k SUB, any gift cards you buy from grocery or ink things are 7.5% to 10% and so on
Travel/dining/pharmacy would be 4.5% back towards travel
Pre paid gift cards from Staples/OD/OM can vary, but you get 5% when you buy them, you may or may not have to pay the $6 activation fee for a $200-$500 card so up to 10% towards travel for every day purchases in the ideal situation (this wont always happen but is certainly possible and people do this all the time)

and shit even if you DO just want cash the rotating categories cards give you 5% cash on a ton of shit along with whatever else...back when I was stupid I used rotating category cards for cash and just cashed out the points like a true dumb cunt :wtc:

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
Yes you need to remove each other as an AU (I think that counts as either already having the card or maybe a 5/24 slot, I cant remember)
Yes, but refer each other for the CIP (hopefully one of you has a ink card to get the 1st referral, if not 1st person can at least refer the 2nd)

Dont forget about the other Ink SUBs! 75k each on a free AF card, thats killer. Also the CIC is a great card. 5% towards streaming/cable/phones, and office supply stores. So you can load up on Amazon/Apple/Shell/whatever gift cards there for 5% on anything. Also, if you buy the pre paid gift card you get 5%, pay the $6 activation fee which makes it like 3.3% cash back on anything you buy with the $200 visa/MC. I'm just starting to do the prepaid GC now, bought my first one last week. Thats over double what you get with a CFU/CIU. I guess you are limited on buying things over $200 especially online doing this, unless you can pay with multiple cards. I think Staples might sell $500 cards. Also they run promos with no fee activation making it a true 5% on anything you buy.

This guy CHURNS

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
Probably good you did that though, with the changes I'm anticipating a bump in the AF for the CSP. So you got in with the 100k SUB, but potential cheaper AF
Yeah that's why I did it. I was going to apply later in the year since I just got two other cards, but figured I should probably just yolo an app in now just in case and I got instantly approved.

I did just switch over to Chase for my day to day banking, too. Wonder if that helped.

Ichinichi

gots me dat midas touch
May 8, 2001

Double dip. Twas mentioned a page ago.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74